Woohoo and Booooo !

Royston

Well I had some great news this morning (first day of my christmas hols to) that I've been accepted to study towards a diploma in physics, afterwhich I'll move on to a degree in theoretical physics or cosmology...I'll decide whilst studying.

Probably doesn't mean a great deal to anybody here (apart from anyone who has had a daft question from myself) but I'm ecstatic that I have so much to focus on, and that I'm studying a subject I have a passion for.

I'll be taking a couple of preliminary courses, to get me up to speed on the maths, and a general science course which covers a number of fields.

Just a few hours later I found out our landlord wants to sell his house...which from our point of view is tragic, because we love living where we are so much. Why do things like that happen..why WHY WHY !!!!

Congratulations, that sounds great.

About your house, just tell your landlord you know all about his little secret and that he shouldn't sell unless he wants it public....everyone has something dark they're hiding, and I'm sure he is no exception. :P

Thanks for the support everyone ! I forgot to mention it was an OU course, so it's not really that big a deal (getting in), but I scraped in due to my finances and such. All I know is that a diploma is equivalent to half a BA...I think I'll get 'dip phys' after my name.

As their recognised in nearly all academic institutions it means I'll be in good stead to study towards a BSc in a more specific field full time. I just regret not realizing my passion for the subject when I was younger...I was constantly told I was an artist. Still no time like the present...I'm off to a letting agents now as we've find an ideal house already. :)