Artificial photosynthesis to...

herpguy

In school earlier this week I was learning about photosynthesis. If you don't know what photosynthesis is, it's when plants take 6 molecules of CO2, six molecules of water, and sunlight to make one molecule of glucose and six molecules of oxygen The glucose is used for the plant's food, and we use the oxygen. While reading from the textbook, I had an idea. What if we could make artificial photosynthesis. It will take out some CO2 and add in O2 to slow global warming. Maybe the glucose could be used to put in food or something like that. If you have any comments about my idea or possible ideas on how to make it work, please reply.

• 1 month later...

it's not energy efficent. you're textbook is obviously simplifying the process for you because it invovles highly specialed chemical pathways. Why waste the energy recreating this when the technology is already readily available in plants?