Corrupted pictures

eruheru

I went to download images from my digi cam and found that nearly all of the pictures (110 of them) had been corrupted and couldnt be viewed. some of them can be seen as thubnails in an explorer, but other than that most of them dont work. is there anyway to fix this? the camera is a kodak easyshare cx7430 thanks

Maybe the card was formated wrongly/different than what the camera expected. Not sure if they can be recovered.

(you mean USB connection right)

Oops! now i feel quite the fool. would there be software that could recover them?

hmm... I wonder if you were originally uploading your pics onto a different OS, if it would require your card to be in a different format, then when you switched to your current OS (windows ME) the current format wouldn't work. You could reformat your card, but you'd loose all your pictures (I think). Maybe try putting the pictures onto my computer... see if that works.

take it to your local Photo-Shop, they deal with all sorts of different formats and media types, get your pics put onto CD, if they show up perfectly, you`ll know it`s not your cam or ram module AND you`ll have a working copy of your pics that can try in your viewer. that`ll elliminate much of the guesswork as to what the problem is :)

OR, save yourself all the hassle and goto a Photo-shop.

the cards are read automaticaly and displayed on screen will be the pics, you DON`T have to even commit to buying a cd or a hardcopy of them, just use their equip to verify there`s no card problem :)

OR' date=' save yourself all the hassle and goto a Photo-shop.

the cards are read automaticaly and displayed on screen will be the pics, you DON`T have to even commit to buying a cd or a hardcopy of them, just use their equip to verify there`s no card problem :)[/quote']

sneaky, YT.