Trash managment

Nevermore

Could trash be burned, and then the co2 and ash compressed into diamonds?

And then, if it worked, the compression chambers could be made of said diamonds for superior efficiency of compression. I know I must have made a logical flaw. Otherwise someone would have thought of this. It's just so simple.

too many impurities to be made into a diamond. you would just get a really small pile of ash from a larger pile of ash. diamonds are all carbon

So true - even if you could make it into diamonds then it would be unclear and very impure.

Most of the rubbish could be sorted and then recycled - thats about the best use for it! Also I think they extract methane from rubbish dumps now :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Wouldn't it be better to compress the rubbish into little singularities about the size of a pea?

Maybe but then we'd soon run out of materials to use which is why recycling is better in the long run...

I recycle just about everything I cna but making my own blach hole sounds like fun too!

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Most of the rubbish could be sorted and then recycled - thats about the best use for it! Also I think they extract methane from rubbish dumps now :)

They do indeed. But my local landfill doesn't, but they do in the next county over. I think they use the methane to fuel at least part of the recycling plant. I think that's a pretty cool idea.

They do indeed. But my local landfill doesn't, but they do in the next county over. I think they use the methane to fuel at least part of the recycling plant. I think that's a pretty cool idea.

Yea but you know why a lot of places won't don it? Money... les see whats more important the Earths surviival and ours or spending a little money?

These government officials are morons most of the time though here they have implimented recycling schemes and they collect all the things to be rectcled once a week. In the next few years they plan to dig up the rubbish dump here (About 30 miles away) and recycle as much as possible - its about time :)

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Yea but you know why a lot of places won't don it? Money... les see whats more important the Earths surviival and ours or spending a little money?

These government officials are morons most of the time though here they have implimented recycling schemes and they collect all the things to be rectcled once a week. In the next few years they plan to dig up the rubbish dump here (About 30 miles away) and recycle as much as possible - its about time :)

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']

It's the same over here... but you wouldn't believe what my county does.

To save our county landfill space and costs, they truck a lot of our trash all the way into the next county... (a 3.5 hour drive from the point that's farthest away). We pay that county to take our trash where they use it for methane emmisions. We also have to pay for the trucks, the gas, and everything. Have you ever heard of anything so wasteful?

It's the same over here... but you wouldn't believe what my county does.

To save our county landfill space and costs' date=' they truck a lot of our trash all the way into the next county... (a 3.5 hour drive from the point that's farthest away). We pay that county to take our trash where they use it for methane emmisions. We also have to pay for the trucks, the gas, and everything. Have you ever heard of anything so wasteful?[/quote']

Sounds like it would be cheaper to just recycle the stuff in the first place :eek:

Cheers,

Ryan Jones

Maybe but then we'd soon run out of materials to use which is why recycling is better in the long run...

I recycle just about everything I cna but making my own blach hole sounds like fun too!

Cheers' date='

Ryan Jones[/quote']I wonder if the garbage collector could pick up a little black hole of rubbish.