Spike Lee plays race card to promote book and new film

Pangloss

You, my good sir, are sorly mistaken. Being a democrat does not excuse racism. Just because some crazy right wing survivalist can put words in our mouths, doesn't mean we excuse racism. Ever. Even for democrats.

Then how do you explain the difference in treatment between Robert Byrd and Trent Lott? Byrd's KKK membership came up again recently when his new book came out, but the only network that even mentioned it was ABC News, which is obviously making a conscious effort to pander to flyover country these days. Did thousands of black people react angrily to his new book? No, they ignored it completely. But meanwhile Trent Lott was ridiculed by a black comedian on national television when he lost his family home during Hurricane Katrina ("When we talk about the homeless, we're not talking about the vacation homeless").

I'm glad you feel that way, Nevermore, but these trends are pretty clear.

And it wouldn't be a step up for me to think that Spike is a racist biggot who thinks all of the problems the African community have are due to whites. Maybe I could make a documentary showing all the hate caused by some of his movies.
Yeah John, It's the Spike Lee's, H. Dean, M. Moore, J. Jackson, C. Rangel, A. Sharpton's of the world that keep telling Blacks that republicans are racist. How do you fight these people?

Then how do you explain the difference in treatment between Robert Byrd and Trent Lott? Byrd's KKK membership came up again recently when his new book came out' date=' but the only network that even mentioned it was ABC News, which is obviously making a conscious effort to pander to flyover country these days. Did thousands of black people react angrily to his new book? No, they ignored it completely. But meanwhile Trent Lott was ridiculed by a black comedian on national television when he lost his family home during Hurricane Katrina ("When we talk about the homeless, we're not talking about the [i']vacation[/i] homeless").

I'm glad you feel that way, Nevermore, but these trends are pretty clear.

That's quite abit of dignity. I admire your ability to pull out of a dive towards a fight.