Social Age?

YT2095

this is part Sociology too.

and Interesting revelation occured to me in IRC chat during a joke I made when trying to call a friend up that hadn`t answered.

the large majority of my mates and friends (a good 85%) are aged 50+, mostly early 60s.

now I`m only 38 years old (a spring chicken), I`m accepted as an equal the same as I accept them. now surely I should be amongst folk my own age in the main? but I`ve been that way most of my life.

I`m interested to find out what YOUR average friends ages are, are they older or younger? and have you always been the same?

I think peoples general outlook becomes quite secure in their late teens. The majority of elderly people I've spoken to about this, said they feel the same as they did when they were much younger.

The majority of my friends are roughly the same age as me, I'm lucky enough to of stayed in close contact with a lot of people I grew up with, and we still have great nights out and share many interests, as well as humouring each other over our differences. The friends that have moved away are exactly the same every time I meet up with them.

My friends span from early twenties to mid forties, and they're all teenagers deep down...they've just acquired more knowledge or responsibilty. So age is really irrelevant to who I get on with. The reason the majority of my friends are around the same age is just down to circumstance, if I started hanging out with my elder sisters friends as I was growing up the majority of my friends would be in their late thirties / early fourties.

YT2095, if you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason why the majority of your friends are quite a bit older than you ? My social circle spanned from a collaboration of music and such as I was going through school and college, so making a lot of my friends roughly the same age as me.

YT2095, if you don't mind me asking, is there any particular reason why the majority of your friends are quite a bit older than you ?

of course I don`t mind you asking :)

unfortunately, the answer would be that I haven`t a clue as to why either.

that`s partly the reason behind this thread, or at least the motivation for making it initialy, I was curious to see if there were others the same.

Probably Not the answer you expected, but non the less Honest :)

Mine range from around 10 years older than me to 10 years younger. Whilst there aren't that many people I class as 'true friend', those I have span a generation. It's quite cool watching one set of friends 'repeat' what the other set did 10-15 years ago. :) The offspring of my older friends are nearly as old as my younger friends. I never really though about it much, but I think it's very cool.