book recommendations?

JustStuit

Sure! I have a pretty cool list.

Check Em` out:

Physics:

"The Mind Of God", Paul Davies

"A Brief History Of Time", Stephen Hawking

"Cosmos", Carl Sagan (Science In General)

Evoultion

'The Ancestors Tale", Richard Dawkins

Some of my favorites.

Quantum physics:

[introduction for beginners]

In Search of Schrödinger's Cat

&

Schrödinger's Kittens

both by John Gribbin.

Otherwise do a search, there are many threads with book recommendations for all subjects and all levels... I was doing searches recently myself because I just got some physics books, search for "book" and books" in the title of the thread and you should get some results.

"The Ghost in the Atom" - An very interesting edited radio interview with some of the greatest pioneers in quantum mechanics.

"The Inflationary Universe" by Alan H. Guth - A great book by the co-founder of the inflationary "big bang" theory.

"The Elegant Universe" - Also by Brian Greene, and a more detailed description of the basic principles of string theory.

"Journey into Gravity and Spacetime" by John Archibald Wheeler - A semi-technical approach to special relativity by the master of GR for the layman of general science.

- These are all popular science books, if you want to go technical I have a lot more to recommend. Also I believe you can get a great deal of info from browsing Amazon.com reading comments.

If you if you want to go into detail on relativity (which you should) this site has a great walkthrough of some of the greatest books on the topic:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Administrivia/rel_booklist.html

Happy studying ;P

• 3 months later...

Any book by Carl Sagan is highly readable and worth your time.

I just finished "The Dragons of Eden" and I learned invaluable information in a relatively short book. You get the basics on evolutionary history, psychology, memes found in dreams, and the unique properties of the brain. I highly recommend it.