Turning tomato leaves into a bio end product

Hello, for a school project we need to shape tomato leaves into an bio end product. This could be anything from construction materials to bioplastics. I'm a bit stuck at the moment on what to choose exactly and what would be the most achievable and practical. The tomato leaves are already dried, so the only use for them would be extracting cellulose and lignin I guess, although I have no idea what to do with that. Does anyone have any ideas or advice that might help us?

I've seen folks bale up tumbleweeds to make insulation for sunken gardens. There's usually some property the material has that lends itself to making something with it. Will the pulp from dried tomato leaves make paper? Is there a pleasant aroma? Can you make tea out of them, or cook with them? Is there an animal or bug that either adores them or hates them? 

• 3 weeks later...

Using dried tomato leaves to extract cellulose and lignin for creating bio-based products is a fascinating project with several potential applications. Here are some ideas for what you could do with the extracted cellulose and lignin:

1. Bioplastics: Cellulose can be processed into a bioplastic material that can be used for packaging, disposable cutlery, or even 3D printing filament. You can experiment with different ratios of cellulose and lignin to achieve varying properties like flexibility and strength.

2. Composite Materials: Combine cellulose and lignin with other bio-based or synthetic materials to create composite materials. These composites can be used in construction, automotive parts, or furniture.

3. Bio-based Adhesives: Lignin can be used as a binder in adhesives for wood products or composite materials.

When considering your project, think about the resources available to you, the scale of production you're aiming for, and the specific properties you want your end product to have. Additionally, consider conducting some research into existing methods for extracting cellulose and lignin from plant materials to determine the most feasible approach for your project. Good luck!