Proof for the Pythagorean theorem

grayson

I can't tell if this is false or already exists, but I have come up with a proof for the Pythagorean theorem. Let me show you:

image.png.4d81921d24cbd42db585bc719acec810.png

If you can't figure out what this means. I will tell you. First, you draw a right triangle, and then another so it makes a square. Than you draw two triangles, which direct in the same position as the hypotenuse. Than the two triangles are equal to A and B. If you can't figure out what I said, Idk what to say. Take a harder look at the triangle. You can also prove this proof with einsteins proof.

5 minutes ago, TheVat said:

It would help (both us and yourself) to label each vertice.

Also, think on what the most basic meaning of c squared is, geometrically.  Now look at your original hypotenuse.

Start with this maybe....

abc.gif

Please, I have seen that a million times. Let me explain: Einstein's proof said that if you split a right triangle, both of the pieces (A^2 and b^2) would make c^2. Now if you do my proof, and einsteins proof, you will find that the triangles are the same size

You don't have a proof there.  

Sounds like the Einstein proof was based on the fact that a right triangle can be decomposed into two similar triangles that are similar to the original.  This was well known before Einstein, but he like many smart pupils reinvented it.  You extract an equation with fAand fB2 and fCwhich i will leave as an exercise...

Strogatz-Einstein-figure-07.jpg

20 hours ago, TheVat said:

many smart pupils reinvented it

That is exactly what I did. You could call it a proof to einsteins proof. Instead of drawing an isosceles triangle, draw einsteins half-triangles of those triangles. Cut them out, and see how they match up to the triangle. You can also just use einstein proof and see that they are the same size.