Chemical Responses and Shame Providing Positive and Negative Feedback to Promote Altruistic Behavior

Steve81

20 minutes ago, Steve81 said:

Indeed! I don’t know you well enough yet; are you familiar with Batman comics and the villains Two Face? I ask because he carried around a double-sided coin, with one side defaced, and flips it to make his decisions. 

No, I am not familiar with them.

13 minutes ago, Genady said:

No, I am not familiar with them.

I would recommend watching The Dark Knight. Two Face is in it, but Heath Ledger as the Joker is an absolutely fascinating character. His observation that nobody has a problem with "the plan," even if the plan is horrifying, makes an interesting point. He used the example of gang-bangers killing each other, and a truckload full of soldiers getting blown up as horrifying things that happen every day, as a matter of course. He then observed that by making an attempt on the life of one little mayor, everybody freaked out, as he had upset the plan.