Paper Review Request - Rockets

Steve81

Peer review means review by someone who is your peer, i.e. shares a professional field of research with you.  What is your specific field and what research have you done?  To get a review, at this website, you need to post a reasonably detailed abstract of your paper in the body of the post, and see if anyone here would be qualified, and interested, to review it.  Also, it is helpful to explain why you didn't go the standard route of submitting it to a scientific journal or (if it's a preliminary report) a preprint server.

• Steve81 changed the title to Paper Review Request - Rockets
9 hours ago, Steve81 said:

Hi folks,

Looking to see if anyone would be able to review a paper for me, regarding the topic of utilizing rockets for interstellar travel.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rockets For Manned Interstellar Travel - Draft.pdf 432.73 kB · 0 downloads

Hello, Steve and welcome.

I read your article and I must say I was pleasantly suprised as it addressed several thoughts I had when I initially saw your thread. I particularly liked the idea of defining what you mean by a rocket.

So +1 for a good start.

Now for some comment.

Unfortunately it is difficult to say much more without any context as to what the article is meant for.

[ Like TheVat I question terminology a bit it is hardly in the format of a (scientific) paper which is why I refer to it as an article. ]

You have posted this in Homework Help  so I assume you have read the rules for this section of ScienceForums.

But you haven't indicated what his article is meant for and at what academic level ?

Tell us a bit more so interesed members can offer better help.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Just an adult In community college here doing an extra credit project. I’m not under any impressions that I’ve discovered anything groundbreaking 😆

Edited by Steve81

Well, if anyone is interested, I did a significant rewrite of my little article / project. 

As for what it’s all about…it’s basically delves into the inter-related factors of rocket exhaust velocity, power required to reach that exhaust velocity for a hypothetical 5,000 ton spacecraft, and the the scale of the thermal control system needed. I also make a few observations on generation ships before wrapping up.

Rockets For Interstellar Travel.pdf

• 5 months later...
On 09.08.2023 at 11:42, Steve81 said:

Ну, якщо комусь цікаво, я суттєво переписав свою маленьку статтю/проект. 

Щодо того, про що йдеться… в основному йдеться про взаємопов’язані фактори швидкості вихлопу ракети, потужності, необхідної для досягнення такої швидкості вихлопу для гіпотетичного 5000-тонного космічного корабля, і масштабу необхідної системи теплового контролю. Я також роблю кілька зауважень щодо кораблів покоління перед тим, як закінчити.

Ракети для міжзоряних подорожей.pdf 454,36 кБ · 1 завантаження

Wow, it's an intriguing perspective on the technical aspects of interstellar travel and an illumination of the challenges that need to be addressed for its realization. It's cool that you point out that, at present, such journeys are nearly impossible without a revolutionary breakthrough in physics. You also emphasize the benefits of studying and utilizing resources within our solar system, which is a sensible approach to overcoming technical challenges and advancing human development