LED as camouflage

StringJunky

If LED media can be made flexible, I visualized it could be used as reactive camouflage material. If one put led screen material on the underside of the plane and a camera pointing upwards towards the sky, it could relay the camera scene to  the underside of the plane, more closely matching the sky in real-time. Plausible?

Drones would be an easier first application, I think.

Edited by StringJunky

57 minutes ago, StringJunky said:

If LED media can be made flexible, I visualized it could be used as reactive camouflage material. If one put led screen material on the underside of the plane and a camera pointing upwards towards the sky, it could relay the camera scene to  the underside of the plane, more closely matching the sky in real-time. Plausible?

Drones would be an easier first application, I think.

It seems plausible, but how important is a visual detection from below with today's war tech?

55 minutes ago, Genady said:

It seems plausible, but how important is a visual detection from below with today's war tech?

It might give an edge in close range urban type warfare where radars are not practical and sight prevails as the primary mode of detection.

Edited by StringJunky