A Framework for a Theory of Everything

PrimalMinister

I hope this thread has a good conversation on the topics I will post about because I don't want the thread prematurely shut down again. This is serious business as forwarding human understanding for everyone on earth is at stake. I do not have a degree in physics but I think that may have been an advantage as I was able to ponder the problems I wanted to without the pressure of conforming to academia, funding and prizes. For example, many physicists may believe a theory of everything is the unification of relativity and quantum mechanics, but that may not be what the theory of everything is.

I know the emphasis is on me to explain this framework however, it answers questions contemporary physics does not so if you are going to stick with orthodox theories you also have a responsibility to explain the things that are not explained, things I am explaining. I think it is only fair you provide alternative explanations within the orthodoxy. Saying and accepting we don't know isn't acceptable, as Einstein said, imagination is more important than knowledge. You have to know as much about the unknowns as you do the knowns, hence I think this thread is worthy of being kept open as it is a discussion about serious subjects.

This framework bucks the trend in the big bang theory to add more to explain more and goes in the opposite direction, explaining more with less. In fact, Stephen Wolfram's work is good evidence for this framework because he proved that is not hard to get complexity from simplicity.

My intellectual contribution is the reduction of physics, the universe and reality to a single object, what I have called a unit of polymorphic spacetime. You will notice I said the universe AND reality because in this theory they are two different things. I have taken a principle from holography and applied it to the universe as a whole. Immediately the origin of the laws of the universe is explained, along with their ubiquity, plus you have the reasons why we have the laws we do. Not the metaphysical reasons why we have the laws we do, the physical reasons we have the laws we do.

The big take on this is that things do not move around spacetime, instead, spacetime moves things about.

So what is a unit of polymorphic spacetime? Well in holography you will find that if you take a holographic plate and fire a laser at it you get a 3D image. However, if you cut the holographic plate into quarters and fire a laser at one quarter you will not get a quarter of the image, you will get the whole image a quarter of the size. This is because the whole image is in every part of the plate.

This is what polymorphic spacetime is, it is space and time packaged up in units that contain ALL the laws of the universe in abstract. This explains the origin of the laws of the universe because the universe, like a holographic plate, contains the whole in every part. This also explains the ubiquity, the fact the laws of the universe are everywhere. Furthermore, it explains the physical reasons for why we have the laws we do, it explains how they emerge out of the void.

Alas, this cannot be a theory of everything because the 2nd law of thermodynamics holds true meaning the universe dies in a heat death the same as in the big bang. Stars are never created, you have to play God and create the initial conditions for stars in simulations. I have a theory on stars, it includes introducing an object that is like the units of polymorphic spacetime but different. Many people won't like it because it will mean that the universe has a remarkably simple, highly sophisticated, incredibly beautiful design that is not only a marvel of engineering but is also a profound, sublime work of art. The universe is already quite incredible, it may be even more incredible. It doesn't need a God however, not a creator God anyway, as the units of polymorphic spacetime, and the universe itself being entirely composed of them, are immortal.

So this post is about units of polymorphic spacetime, not the second object, so there is no discussion about whether the universe has a design, just whether or not you can provide a better origin story.

Anyway, back to the theory. As I said earlier the universe and reality are two different things, the universe is real but reality is virtual, spacetime is real and everything that occurs in spacetime is virtual. This is because the units of polymorphic spacetime are generating reality in a never-ending process of creation and destruction with every generation of reality popping in and out of existence and strung together to animate us.

So we have this principle of having the whole in every part. A unit of polymorphic spacetime is a cube that contains all the laws of the universe in abstract, as potential. Space is composed of units of polymorphic spacetime. Everything is touched by space. Time is how matter and forces manifest going from potential to actual in a never-ending process of creation and destruction. The input for a unit's creation process is the output of its direct neighbour's destruction process and likewise, the output of its destruction process is the input for its neighbour's creation process. The creation and destruction of reality is what causes things to move around and hold their state according to the laws we already know.

Physicists dont have a lot of room for manauvre but it just so happens this framework is within that space.