Homosexuality

GeminiinimeG

I have a question. Why is it that it's mostly guys that get really freaked out by gays. Most women I know don't care.

For some unfathomable reason most straight men have an irrational fear of being done up the bum, and for equally unfathomable reasons they think that's what all gay men want to do to them. How queer.

with lots of tools

Made me snigger.

I truly believe that there is no one cause for the existence of homosexuality. For some, a gene may trigger it. For others, it may be influenced emotionally by external causes. I've heard of people who were sexually abused as children and turned homosexual. Few people may deliberately decide to be homosexual for their own pleasure. Maybe some people are even born this way; I knew a boy who lived in a "straight" household with three "straight" older siblings. The young boy showed VERY homosexual behavior at the age of FIVE. As for being born straight, I do believe that most people are naturally... after all, how could a species perpetuate if a very large percent of its population was homosexual?

ahhh.... you guys talking about being 'Bi' now?

wait hold on... Ive read that somewhere, where babies dont have idea what they are, I mean if they are male or female... thats why they play with anything given to them... ((I had all things mixed up now, sorry))

No gay gene exists... only gay men and women.

http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html

"The "genetic and unchangeable" theory has been actively promoted by gay activists and the popular media. Is homosexuality really an inborn and normal variant of human nature?

No. There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is simply "genetic." And none of the research claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do, when speaking in sound bites to the public."

"The "genetic and unchangeable" theory has been actively promoted by gay activists and the popular media. Is homosexuality really an inborn and normal variant of human nature?

No. There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is simply "genetic." And none of the research claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do' date=' when speaking in sound bites to the public."[/quote']

so thank you that mean being gay is not genetic and most people are being mislead into thinking its normal huh? Well that means it is mostly psychological aint it?

Can it be homosexuals think they are that they chose to be that way but were actually forced to be that way by all the people around them puttiing those ideas into them? After all being gay means you wont pass your genes on to the next generation wich means you become extinct doesnt it? but because the older men or women put those ideas into the children its keeps on being around?

However' date=' even *if* it was a choice, well, so's religion. We have laws stating you cannot persecute someone for their faith, and most civilized individuals would consider something like that to be intolerant and hateful. So why balk at showing the same courtesy to other sexual orientations?

Mokele[/quote']

I agree to that.

I think that homosexuals should be treated with the same respect and courtesy by hetrosexuals, as Christians are treated to by atheists. :rolleyes:

Can it be homosexuals think they are that they chose to be that way but were actually forced to be that way by all the people around them puttiing those ideas into them?

the evidence of gender seems to indicate this isn`t true.

in the case of "inter-sexed" people (testicular feminisation) it was considered a taboo, and so the "truth was kept from these childred and they were raised as girls, often the small penis where the clitorus is situated was sewn down, leafing what appeared externaly to be famale genitalia, the only problem occors at puberty, where in place of Ovaries these people have testicles inside them, and so the testosterone kicks in. even after augmentation and eostrogen medication, they still know something`s wrong, the ones that don`t commit suicide often select the gender that`s congruent with their psyche` that being Male.

it`s a perfectly dreadfull predicament for anyone :(

so no, being raised as one sex and having "ideas" put into thier heads is bogus!

First, your link is froma disreputable source, and therefore invalid.

Second, All of their objections are either mistaken or false dilemas. An excellent example is that "oh, we haven't found any gene incontrovertibly linked to it". No ****, we don't have genes for arms, either. We have massive complexes for genes that only produce anything in interaction. The idea of a genetic basis is *not* the same as pinning it down to one gene.

Third, they focus on studies we know are wrong. Whoop de do, such things happen. That's what science runs into in complex problems. Crap, look at physics. You wouldn't dismiss it just because they used to believe in aether, right?

Fourth, they outright dishonestly represent what things mean. They quote Hammer about the difficulty of analyzing the genetic source of complex traits, and dishonestly twist it from "It's hard to know how to statistically analyze this stuff" into "we can't know it and genetics should never study it". Pure Bullshit.

Fifth, they totally dismiss twin studies simply because two people have a dissenting opinions (given without actual evidence backing it, but rather as a mere arguement via quoting). In fact, if you actually look at the damn quote, they never say that the twin studies *don't* provide evidence for genetic homosexuality, but rather that they re-enforce the idea of environment also making a substantial contribution. Just because they note one part does not mean the other part's results are incorrect.

Sixth, they employ an analogy that's so wildly different as to be totally inapplicable, and deceptively pass it off as a valid critique.

And last, but not least, they rattle off a list of people quoted as believe homosexuality comes from "psychological, social, and biological factors". Guess what? DNA is a biological factor. But the poor dupes reading the page miss that, and assume the quotes support the thesis that there is not genetic factor.

In short, the source is worthless, the content is worthless, and the level of intellectual dishonesty made me feel ill. The authors of that site should feel ashamed, and I don't know how they live with themselves, having sold their integrity for the sake of perpetuating hate.

----------------

The *real* answer is that all research points to a *combination* of factors, but the identical twin study *does* show that there is a genetic element. After all, what's the difference between same-sex fraternal twins and identical twins? Not environment, not sex and not birth time, only genetics.

Mokele

No "straight" gene either I guess. Sex is as primitive as breathing. Man has put some complexities to it, but the sexual urge itself - I don't think this is learned. It follows that the object of desire isn't completely learned either.

Anyway, it doesn't have to involve genes to be biological in origin.