What is this type of bulb or lamp?

Axxel

Hi there!

I have few years still without any solution.

I could find just only one exemplary of this bulb or lamp there I share pictures, this is exactly what I need to know what it is, brand or datasheet.

The base is E27.

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-15.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-28.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-46.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-31-03.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-31-14.jpg

AND the most important, In this VIDEO you can see the lamp working: (I don't know is this usage is the correct usage, the lamp is powered with HV with only a single cable, it runs like a Plasma ball lamp) - Aparenlty these lamps are used to generate ozone.

Hope you can help me! I have YEARS with this issue... I never could resolve it...

Kindly Regards ;D

Edited by Axxel

8 hours ago, Axxel said:

Hi there!

I have few years still without any solution.

I could find just only one exemplary of this bulb or lamp there I share pictures, this is exactly what I need to know what it is, brand or datasheet.

The base is E27.

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-15.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-28.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-30-46.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-31-03.jpg

Imagen-de-Whats-App-2022-11-09-a-las-20-31-14.jpg

AND the most important, In this VIDEO you can see the lamp working: (I don't know is this usage is the correct usage, the lamp is powered with HV with only a single cable, it runs like a Plasma ball lamp) - Aparenlty these lamps are used to generate ozone.

Hope you can help me! I have YEARS with this issue... I never could resolve it...

Kindly Regards ;D

If you don't know what they are, from where do you get the information that they are used to generate ozone?

The video (which is very poor quality) seems to show a reddish glow. However ozone production by photolysis requires UV. So something doesn't seem to stack up here. 

If the ozone information is wrong, then the red glow suggests to me it could be a neon discharge tube of some sort. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=noble+gas+discharge+tubes (and click Image mode)

On the right are pictures of various noble gases glowing in discharge tubes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_gas

If you want to verify this more rigorously, get a prism and split it into spectral lines.

ps. Your HV is not steady - build Cockcroft-Walton generator and/or Marx generator.

110/230 VAC -> DC -> high-frequency AC (timer 555?) -> CW generator -> discharge tube

Edited by Sensei

35 minutes ago, Sensei said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=noble+gas+discharge+tubes (and click Image mode)

On the right are pictures of various noble gases glowing in discharge tubes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_gas

If you want to verify this more rigorously, get a prism and split it into spectral lines.

ps. Your HV is not steady - build Cockcroft-Walton generator and/or Marx generator.

110/230 VAC -> DC -> high-frequency AC (timer 555?) -> CW generator -> discharge tube

Indeed. The orange-red in the video looks like neon, specifically. But obviously videos may not represent colours accurately.

Edited by exchemist

Seems just an old fashioned neon bulb. If you want to be careful, and have some nice power supplies, I would slowly turn up the AC or DC to 220 Volt. Otherwise turn it into the correct E27 fitting, and connect it to the power grid. Best with a switch of course, and safety glasses on.

Here an example, DC one direction, DC other direction, and AC:

Neonlamp3.JPG