Mass Production Of Graphene Oxide

Salieri

I have been researching the production of graphene oxide for a year now. The problem was not obtaining the graphene but it was difficult to get workable piece to experiment with. The main issue was that, either the quality of substance or the quantity was not good enough. The main method of production I used was graphite mixed with water and soap in a blender. The problem with this method was that I could only get a few flakes of graphene and there was a lot of waste material. No good..  

The second method I saw is quite dangerous as there is a massive fire risk. Also the website I read it on was rather sketchy.  The basic principle of this method is using the burn feature of a disk drive to cause a reaction in a graphite water solution, leaving you with thin slices of pure graphene. However, I don't see how you could perfectly change most of the graphite into mostly pure graphene that easily. I think this because I would've been plastered on the news websites as "Massive Graphene Breakthrough".  

I really do think Graphene is the future of technology and I want to be at the forefront of this great venture, so any insight into this matter would be most appreciated. 

Said Sketchy Website - Why would you link us to such a horrible site?

-El Pys Kongroo 

Edited by Phi for All
No advertising, please.

19 minutes ago, Salieri said:

I really do think Graphene is the future of technology and I want to be at the forefront of this great venture, so any insight into this matter would be most appreciated. 

..then maybe get to university first.. Chemistry, or quantum physics or so..

Edited by Sensei

12 minutes ago, Salieri said:

That's still 8 months away, life is too short to wait

"Before you can run you have to learn to walk".. "and before you walk you have to crawl"..

i.e. start making simpler/basic chemical experiments, get lab equipment, learn how to separate mixtures of compounds, get ball-n-stick models to reproduce chemical compounds etc. etc.

Edited by Sensei

10 minutes ago, Sensei said:

"Before you can run you have to learn to walk".. "and before you walk you have to crawl"..

i.e. start making simpler/basic chemical experiments, get lab equipment, learn how to separate mixtures of compounds, get ball-n-stick models to reproduce chemical compounds etc. etc.

I see, thank you for the advice.