Common cold / typical flu dose-response study (human or animals)

me2_2

4 hours ago, swansont said:

We are not your research minions, to be sent off to the library to seek out citations for you. 

It's interesting how much TIME and EFFORT you and others replying to my queries engage in DEFLECTION -- and increase NEGATIVE REPUTATION POINTS -- rather than even ATTEMPT to address the OP?

Can we be friends and start over?

Let's try to find as many resources as possible to the OP colds/fly query.

If pathogen-caused common colds and flu's are normal and nearly as old as life on earth ... then one would expect common colds and flu's to be part of the academic scholarship ... with rich, robust, repeatable and reliable data (i.e., journal papers). Perhaps similar to numerous journal papers related to: diet and exercise and vitamin supplements and sleep-quality/sleep debt and air pollution and ....

5 minutes ago, me2_2 said:

It's interesting how much TIME and EFFORT you and others replying to my queries engage in DEFLECTION -- and increase NEGATIVE REPUTATION POINTS -- rather than even ATTEMPT to address the OP?

Can we be friends and start over?

Let's try to find as many resources as possible to the OP colds/fly query.

If pathogen-caused common colds and flu's are normal and nearly as old as life on earth ... then one would expect common colds and flu's to be part of the academic scholarship ... with rich, robust, repeatable and reliable data (i.e., journal papers). Perhaps similar to numerous journal papers related to: diet and exercise and vitamin supplements and sleep-quality/sleep debt and air pollution and ....

They are. And you have been told where to find this scholarship. So go and look it up and stop wasting our time. 

Edited by exchemist

29 minutes ago, me2_2 said:

I have not looked at this thread before but this post caught my eye in the list.

So I looked at the OP and to my suprise the only question I could find in the OP was

On 9/6/2022 at 5:15 AM, me2_2 said:

Alan, do you have the full PDF of any of these papers?

So as things stand I couldn't understand the OP

I don't know who Alan is or was

So I am at a loss to proceed.

The only thing I can suggest of help is to refer you to the 1960 film  "The Bulldog Breed"

Which was about a scenario not dissimilar from the one you describe, except it was set at the UK national cold research centre and featured Norman Wisdom, not students.

This centre produced over 1000 papers whilst it was active, they must still be a matter of public record so I suggest you start there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Cold_Unit

Edited by studiot

2 hours ago, studiot said:

I have not looked at this thread before but this post caught my eye in the list.

So I looked at the OP and to my suprise the only question I could find in the OP was

So as things stand I couldn't understand the OP

I don't know who Alan is or was

So I am at a loss to proceed.

The only thing I can suggest of help is to refer you to the 1960 film  "The Bulldog Breed"

Which was about a scenario not dissimilar from the one you describe, except it was set at the UK national cold research centre and featured Norman Wisdom, not students.

This centre produced over 1000 papers whilst it was active, they must still be a matter of public record so I suggest you start there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Cold_Unit

As I noted earlier, the OP was copied and pasted from a prev participation of mine (another forum or email group). Alan is university physician from Canada. Yes, the OP should've been more carefully edited!

Your https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Cold_Unit  link is EXACTLY the type of information that will help me synthesize my research. Thx!

It would be helpful if similar animal "unit" studies on say, rabies, is also available.

3 hours ago, exchemist said:

They are. And you have been told where to find this scholarship. So go and look it up and stop wasting our time. 

All of your posts have been OFF-TOPIC and emotionally generated.

If my posts offend you, stop replying those them. Put me on your ignore list. It's THAT simple, toots.

1 hour ago, me2_2 said:

As I noted earlier, the OP was copied and pasted from a prev participation of mine (another forum or email group). Alan is university physician from Canada. Yes, the OP should've been more carefully edited!

Your https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Cold_Unit  link is EXACTLY the type of information that will help me synthesize my research. Thx!

It would be helpful if similar animal "unit" studies on say, rabies, is also available.

You had already found the British Common Cold Study according your very first post. So now you "thank" @studiot for drawing your attention to something you are already aware of? And you still can't be bothered to follow up for yourself any of the associated references.