Telescopes

Bettina

$2000 sure seems like a lot for a telescope, but maybe you are willing to spend that much or have that much available, so what kind of price was your current telescope? (and then we can suggest something a bit more expensive than that but not quite $2000)

[edit] you might also wanna try looking online where it will probably be cheaper (but remember you need to pay for postage/packaging).

maybe you could pay half of it?

i got a nice cheap(well cheaper than the one you want) £500 telescope that you can make out saturns rings quite well (see the main rings as seperate rings).

if you put a digital camera on the end you can even get slightly more definition.

My meade was second hand and cost about $75.00 and I have about $400 saved. I don't have a job anymore since my park job ended, but since I take care of our house, mow the lawn, clean the pool, wash clothes, etc, I get an allowance from that. I'm really a maid. :rolleyes:

Anyway, he calls this "capital equipment" so he would pay for it like he pays for my all my books. I just want a good telescope with a tracking motor.

Bettina

This is the one I was looking at and I prefer a reflector. He's still recovering but his answer is very much a no.

http://www.telescopes.com/products/Celestron_8_Inch_CPC_Schmidt-Cassegrain_with_StarBright_XLT_Coatings_32983.html

He wants to know whats wrong with this one...

http://www.telescopes.com/products/Celestron_C6-N_Reflector_15622.html

I'm not in any hurry, because winter is when I usually gaze since its clearer.

Bettina

P.S. is a meade better?