The Inflaton - Potential & Energy Density & Fluctuations

Kartazion

@Bufofrog I have answered your question 2 or 3 times. I told you that for the Y-axis it was the potential and this potential is that of energy.

During inflation there are quantum fluctuations in the inflaton field. Since the total energy density of the universe is dominated by the inflaton potential energy density, fluctuations in the inflaton field lead to fluctuations in the energy density. 

Source: https://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/Kolb/Kolb3_1.html

For the X-axis. No it is not the radius. In general relativity and cosmology, the Hubble radius corresponds to the length scale characteristic of the observable portion of an expanding universe. In other words, the size of the observable universe is of the same order of magnitude as the Hubble radius. In fact the X-axis corresponds to the displacement of the particle. But you must understand that during inflation the particle remains immovable in relation to X and evolves only according to Y-axis by its momentum. Quantum fluctuations in relation to the inflaton and if we could, are not observable by its particle size but just by a set of a cluster.

Am I wrong? Because I could also be wrong, or it's just you that don't understand how the inflation is interpreted in its potential well?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.