Bibliography about sexual orientation basis

JHusky99

Greetings from Spain! I am a psychology student, and I'm really interested in topics related to sex and gender. I have recently seen that there is a debate about the basis of sexual orientation: is it sex or gender? Are we attracted to people according to their sex, their gender, or both? I would like to find some books or articles that try to answer this question. I would also love to know your opinion.

I do not think that we have got anyone with actual expertise on the subject. Based on my amateur reading it seems that there is increasing evidence that sexual orientation, gendr identity and sex are independent components. Most often they are organized in a similar manner, but they do not have to. On the biological side there are some candidate mechanisms, including the role of testosterone in organizing these traits. There is a huge library of literature on this subject, but lacking expertise I would not be able to identify the most relevant papers in that field. 

18 hours ago, CharonY said:

I do not think that we have got anyone with actual expertise on the subject. Based on my amateur reading it seems that there is increasing evidence that sexual orientation, gendr identity and sex are independent components. Most often they are organized in a similar manner, but they do not have to. On the biological side there are some candidate mechanisms, including the role of testosterone in organizing these traits. There is a huge library of literature on this subject, but lacking expertise I would not be able to identify the most relevant papers in that field. 

Oh :(, well, I guessed that when I entered the forum and saw that this is mostly for natural and formal sciences, but I wanted to try.

• 2 weeks later...