Firefox lost market share?

herme3

Wow!

IE lost nearly 20% then managed to claw back more than half a percent, which was almost certainly definitely absolutely not due to a minor summer spike in OEM distributions!

Like... WOW!

I know, I know - that was really sarcastic. Bite me.

It's amazing that ranked as news-worthy even on Computer World's radar.

What are they thinking?

(By the way, the June-July spike is usually attributed to "Well you passed all your exams, so here's the compyudah I promised you")

Wow!

IE lost nearly 20% then managed to claw back more than half a percent' date=' which was almost certainly definitely absolutely [i']not[/i] due to a minor summer spike in OEM distributions!

Like... WOW!

I know, I know - that was really sarcastic. Bite me.

The point wasn't that IE gained market share. I think the news behind this is that Firefox's growth may be slowing. If Firefox can only make 10-20% of the market share before slowing in growth, I can't imagine it ever winning the majority.

Well, I wanted this thread to be about Firefox. I also wanted my IE thread to be about IE. For some reason, the two threads seemed to be merging together. Therefore, I'm going to stop posting in this thread and just focus on the IE thread. There is no need to start debating IE vs Firefox in two threads.

the reason being that with the issue of browsers you have to compare them to make any kind of judgement...

The reason for only about 20% and then slowing is probably because that's all the worlds slightly more technical people...

When things start happening like organisations chaning (at least one of my uni's comp rooms that I go in regularly has signs up saying "use firefox not IE") there will be another spurt... As those stats don't take into account whether they are peoples home computers or work computers etc...