Being kept alive in a coffin prison seems like the worst/longest way to torture someone.

WSEN

If one is fed/force fed, can somebody be kept in an uncomfortable position inside a coffin for years?
Saw this from Infographics Show:
Can it really be that people can be stuck in a confined box for months and years?
I have done my research and apparently, this method was still carried out until the nineties
Not far beyond the Custom House is what I believe to be one of the most horrible prisons in the world. Inside a double palisade of unpeeled timbers is a space about ten feet square upon which open the doors of small rooms, almost dark. In these dungeons are piled wooden boxes, four feet long by two and one-half feet high. These coffins are the prisoners' cells.
Some of the poor wretches have heavy chains about their necks and both hands manacled together. They can neither sit erect nor lie at full length. Their food, when the jailer remembers to give them any, is pushed through a six-inch hole in the coffin's side. Some are imprisoned here for only a few days or weeks; others for life, or for many years. Sometimes they lose the use of their limbs, which shrink and shrivel away. The agony of their cramped position is beyond the power of words to describe. Even in winter, when the temperature drops, as it sometimes does, to sixty degrees below zero, they are given only a single sheepskin for covering. How it is possible to live in indescribable filth, half-fed, well-nigh frozen in winter, and suffering the tortures of the damned, is beyond my ken—only a Mongol could live at all.
The prison is not a Mongol invention. It was built by the Manchus and is an eloquent tribute to a knowledge of the fine arts of cruelty that has never been surpassed.

In the case of colleen stan, this was a real case and from my readings, it was stated she was put in a coffin for 23 hours a day for 7 years.
This is literally the worst form of torture because it is so long. How can a human body stay alive for that long, under that amount of stress in such positions? I would love to know how one can die faster in such scenarios because it's giving me anxiety.