if you can move faster than the speed of light, can you outrun your own image?

JennJenn

You cannot go faster than the speed of light... if you did then you'd be violating physics so who knows what would happen?

You can't ask "what will happen" and expect to use the laws of physics to come up with an answer, if the conditions violate the laws of physics.

I dont get it danny852.. Seems perfectly believeable to me, like that picture illustrates.

Time dialation = What exactly? And also length contraction?

Imagine if you will, yourself on the moon, and a surfer surfing in space traveling at 10 miles per hour and another surfer ahead of the first surfer, now while the first surfer traveling at 10 miles per hour pushes with his hands on the other surfer ahead of him the one ahead increases speed relative to the one behind him. :confused:

I dont get it danny852.. Seems perfectly believeable to me' date=' like that picture illustrates.

Time dialation = What exactly? And also length contraction?

Imagine if you will, yourself on the moon, and a surfer surfing in space traveling at 10 miles per hour and another surfer ahead of the first surfer, now while the first surfer traveling at 10 miles per hour pushes with his hands on the other surfer ahead of him the one ahead increases speed relative to the one behind him. \:confused:/[/quote']

Relativity tells us that at high speeds nature doesn't behave as a linear extrapolation of our low-speed observations. If you aren't familiar with the terms length contraction and time dilation, then you need to read up on the theory. There are many places to do so. Typing in a basic explanation would seem to be a redundant effort considering that.