Why does this person not grow?

ttose

Every year our school measures the height of every student.

Honestly, I was the shortest in my class since I was 12.

a friend of mine used to be taller than me.

And now we are both 16, but he is 8 cm shorter than me.

When we exchange our health card, I see that his height bearly increase after the age of 14.

I am just curious, isn't boy supposed to grow until 16? normally? despite the gene?? his father is about 171, and he is only 161, just abit taller than his mum.

And he looks so thin, he is only 44 KG.

Is there any possible factor?

There are several genes that control height and there are hormones that affect the regulation and activation of those genes. People inherit different combinations of height genes and hormone genes (alleles). This results in non-uniform growth spurts. Some people will grow a lot when they are young and then stop completely. Others will have regular periodic growth spurts. Some will remain short until they are in their late teens and then suddenly grow a lot. This friend of yours could be in for another growth spurt or he could be almost completely done growing.

Another interesting thing is, when I told him to see a doctor, he said that he already did, and the doctor said height depends mostly on genes, and he responded but he's bearly growing after 14 and he should be analysized somehow. Guess what, the doctor said even he does not bother to do so (because the doctor's also short). :)

to YT' date=' but wouldn't the deffect affect the growth back then??

[/quote']

no, not always, the onset of such problems can occur at any time, like diabetic conditions for instance, they can hit anyone at anytime. although that mainly applies to The Thyroid, as the pitutary gland has little effect on growth after puberty.

Any way, there is no point of seeing a doctor.

For God's sake, we are all 16, and we should have reached about the max. height, so even if he's cured, maybe it is still impossible to grow taller?

People keep growing until about 25.

Eating conditions effect growth.

Lack of protein, calcium, and vitamin D WILL stunt growth.

Many asians have a lack of protein in their diet which stunts their growth.

Also, testosterone will help boost gains so working out at a gym using High Intensity Traning (HIT) will help a lot.

From what I understand testosterone only helps you gain height if you have delayed onset puberty. It doesn't increase your predetermined height; it only kicks in a growth spurt if you are overly due for one. Taking testosterone for long periods in high doses as a child might actually stunt your growth if it causes your bones to mature prematurely. There are a number of side effects that can occur by taking steroids.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...