Particle pairs

Asimov Pupil

particle creation is currently 'explained' in terms of symmetry. In this case, the symmetry of simultaneous creation of two complimentary particles which leave the local point in space-time and move outward in opposite directions (and spins) in order to attempt preservation of the 3rd law of equal and opposite action (and conservation of momentum/energy).

Of course the theory is nonsense.

I haven't heard of photons being produced necessarily in pairs, since an electron can emit a single photon.

For fermions though (with half integer spins) you usually need to produce them in association with an antiparticle in order to satisfy conservation laws (eg charge conservation). So if you create an electron you usually create a positron along with it.

Ignore Metafrizzics - he is talking bollocks again. The theory of particle anti-particle pair creation is very well understood.

If I remember rightly photons normally appear to travel in pairs because if you do the maths for the "random walk effect" on two photons then the probability of seeing them in a pair is higher than anything else.

*sigh*every post I make I seem more stupid :s
I have a theory I call the IQ Equivalence Principle:

Briefly stated, Stupidity = Entropy.

This is an identity, and so as a consequence,

every activity increases the net stupidity of the Universe,

in both closed or open systems. - my Special Theory of Equivalence Principle (STEP)

Some say I have already proven it!

Error = motion x (clumsiness)^2

[math]E = mc^2 [/math]

No counter-example has yet been found.

Ignore Metafrizzics - he is talking bollocks again.
...or is he?