Petri Dish

tedgress

Hi. I’m new here and am a native Software Engineer with a M.S. in Computer Science. I’v grown an interest Recently I’ve grown an interest in Bioinformatics however. There is an internship that I really want to get. But that’s beside the point. My question (I have a lot) has to do with petri dishes. If I run a wire with a charge, grounded, through the fluid in the petri dish is it possible to 1) detect the EM frequency of any other things in the petri dish using an oscilloscope 

Thanks

Ted

16 minutes ago, tedgress said:

My question (I have a lot) has to do with petri dishes. If I run a wire with a charge, grounded, through the fluid in the petri dish is it possible to 1) detect the EM frequency of any other things in the petri dish using an oscilloscope 

This is not really question about Petri dishes, is it. You use of terminology is a bit non-standard so I will ask a few questions to try and understand what you want to know.

What is the fluid and why would you expect it to be generating EM radiation? And what frequency of EM radiation are you expecting? That determines what you would need to do to detect it. EM radiation covers everything from long-wavelength radio through microwaves, light, X-rays and everything in between.

Also, I'm not sure what "with a charge, grounded" means. Either it has a charge or it is grounded. And by "charge" do you mean it is at a certain voltage? Or carrying a current?

Also, you posted this in genetics, but the questions don't seem to have any connection to genetics. Can you expand a bit on what you are trying to do.

Sorry if my language is non-standard - I'm really a novice at this stuff. I want to do an experiment with a type of tobacco leaf virus.  Step by step this is what I want to do if possible. Like I said, I'm a novice  and I might get the terminology and concepts wrong, bear with me.

The workflow for the tobacco (instead of a deadly virus like COVID)

1. Obtain Tobacco virus.

2.Obtain Petri dish and distilled water

3. Sterilize Petri dish

4.We are preparing the petri dish to test the virus language (may be different frequency)

5. A wire is run through the dish, one end suspended and grounded

6. The wire is hooked up to an EEG and the signal is recorded.

7. The viral solution is put in the petri dish.

8. A power supply is hooked up.

9. An oscillator is hooked up to a power supply to supply a carrier wave. Creates an alternating current on which the transmitter will  transmit.

10. A modulator provides useful information to the carrier wave.AM amplitude modulation slight increases or decreases or FM slightly increase or decreases in the frequency.

9.A device is hooked up to slow the radio waves to between 20Hz and 10Hz

10. The frequency is recorded

11.Deep Learning is used to analyze the patterns in the frequency (language)

12.A device is used to send an  EM pulse whenever the opposite of it fires.

13. The EM pulse device fires.