Jump to content
wty

Chemical waste testing

Recommended Posts

Hi

Recently my company has wanted to conduct waste testing to determine the composition of the wastes in concentration or wt%. This testing will help us to determine whether there are any excess chemicals in the feed of the process, which in turn can also be used to identify the effective composition of chemicals in the feed needed to produce the least waste or zero waste. However, we can't provide any testing parameter to the laboratory because we don't know what will present in the waste and too little information is given for the feed of the process. Besides, by referring to the material safety data sheet (MSDS) and certificate of analysis (COA) of each chemical used in the feed of the process, we can only know one to two active components of each chemical used in the process due to the confidential policy of the manufacturers. Thus, due to all these constraints, may I know if it is possible to conduct this kind of testing with the current technology available in the lab testing? If not, could someone please give me some suggestions to solve this problem? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which waste do you have? Firstly you seperate the same waste and collect them, but if they are different chemical solutions you dont mix them. For this you use the MSDS , it include hazardous, risk and safety statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 11:48 PM, wty said:

Hi

Recently my company has wanted to conduct waste testing to determine the composition of the wastes in concentration or wt%. This testing will help us to determine whether there are any excess chemicals in the feed of the process, which in turn can also be used to identify the effective composition of chemicals in the feed needed to produce the least waste or zero waste. However, we can't provide any testing parameter to the laboratory because we don't know what will present in the waste and too little information is given for the feed of the process. Besides, by referring to the material safety data sheet (MSDS) and certificate of analysis (COA) of each chemical used in the feed of the process, we can only know one to two active components of each chemical used in the process due to the confidential policy of the manufacturers. Thus, due to all these constraints, may I know if it is possible to conduct this kind of testing with the current technology available in the lab testing? If not, could someone please give me some suggestions to solve this problem? Thank you.

I hope that you are aware that many if not all chemicals change during processing and that harmless chemicals can become very dangerous even when properly handled.

So the real answer here is that you should not be handling anything that you are clueless about

Should you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drakes said:

So the real answer here is that you should not be handling anything that you are clueless about

 

How very paternalistic of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 11:09 PM, zapatos said:

How very paternalistic of you.

If you do not know what the waste is then someone who knows should be called.  Unknown waste should not be handled as it can not be handled properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Drakes said:

If you do not know what the waste is then someone who knows should be called.  Unknown waste should not be handled as it can not be handled properly

Rumor has it that you should also avoid consuming or bathing in unknown chemical waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zapatos said:

Rumor has it that you should also avoid consuming or bathing in unknown chemical waste.

Or offering help to someone trying to skirt toxic waste laws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drakes said:

Or offering help to someone trying to skirt toxic waste laws

Wow. That's quite an accusation. Please elaborate on the laws being skirted and what evidence you have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.