Management Information System (MIS)

NDANTSI

hello my fellow student my name is david may someone please help me with this homework because i don't understand:

1. Do people who use Facebook have a legitimate claim to privacy when they themselves  are posting information about themselves? 

2. How can using the sharing privacy controls help preserve your privacy on Facebook? In  what ways is the sharing control ineffective?    3. Why would Google combining information from separate accounts across its services and  sites have privacy implications for its users?    4. Look up your address on Google Street View. Do you believe Google Street View  constitutes a breach of privacy? Why or why not? 

the chapter is Ethical, social and privacy issues in information system

1. that is more of an opinion thing but it depends if they state how they will use your info in the contract.

2.idk

3.idk by combining the info so it is spread in fewer things. like how you can use Gmail instead of giving it to many sites but I could be wrong.

4.if they don't show you or your stuff. but you should be able to block your property.

this is just my observation

#1 and #4 are asking for your opinion, so you need to answer those to the best of your knowledge. #1 is asking if you can complain about privacy regarding information you've uploaded about yourself. Some might say if you want to keep it private, don't post it in the first place. Others might say you should expect a certain amount of privacy regarding your sensitive information no matter where it's posted. How do you feel about it?

#4 is asking if a picture of the front of your home for anyone to see is a breach of your normal privacy. Some might say it makes it easier for a thief to research how to steal from you. Others would say the thief could just as easily walk up to the front of your home and see the same thing, so it's not a privacy issue. How do you feel about it?

I don't know enough about FB and Google to help with #2 and #3.