Weak neutraliser solution for acid/base attacks?

THX1138

Suppose you wanted to carry 500-1000 ml of a solution to neutralise acid or alkali attacks, what would the solution contain? I realise it should be a buffer and it also can't be too strong to prevent damaging body tissues with heat. I guess it would be ideal if it didn't effervesce either so it doesn't spread the acid/base around? I know you're meant to douse 30 minutes with water but I'm never going to carry 100 gallons of water so that's more of a second aid than a first aid. I'm not planning on getting attacked and it may not be worth the effort of carrying around a solution for this marginal eventuality but I did wonder what the solution should contain. I figure if you're only carrying 500-1000 ml, a buffer would be more help than plain water. That said, it's more practical to carry plain water because you can also drink it. That said, I wouldn't want to drink it if I knew I needed to treat acid/base with it later.