Stuck while I am hacking, plz help..

albertlee

http://www.dievo.org:82/apprentice/level5aaa/indexaa.php?password=eagle

above is where I got to.

I've tried the right password (hint, download the page, and view it. The code is written in JavaScript), but I dont know why it does not work.

Any one competent enough plz try it first and tell me whether or not you are able to promote your level.

Thanks for help.

That challenge is actualy VERY misleading. Read over the source with the JS VERY carefully and note exactly what is happening on each line. I won't spoil it for you but if you get really stuck pm me for some more clues.

PS - I agree with radiohead, the challenges are more misdirection and puzzles rather than normal network security and others, although you can learn alot from these types of games (not for "hacking" but simply about how things work (ie HTTP protocol, encryption etc).

Real Hacking, Real Hackers, not script kiddies with names to hide, but people who are network and computer security enthuisiats. Want to learn to really hack, and become a hacker? Here, this will tell you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW. Thats, if you are really up to it. Thats if you don't want to be a little cyber punk, downloading Sub7, typing in leetspeak, learning to respect peoples copyrighted work, learn to write correctly, learn to be a tad bit more mature, dedication to learn languages and protocols, and etc.

Here is the link:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

BTW, most of those so called hacking sites are little 8 year old kids with names such as "The ElitEz0r" who can't learn squat and are wanna be black hat crackers.

Good Luck.

well, I am no java scripting expert, but since I am a lower intermediate java programmer, I could briefly see how the JS works.

Any way, I guess I won't get much out of it at all, if all I want to know is the answer, so dont bother to advance to the next level.

to JPQuiceno, I have seen that one by Raymond, and since then I devote my free time learning Java. Do you think you are previliged enough to entitle yourself a "hacker"?? (just wanna ask after seeing your avatar) :)