Bomb making websites

ku

It's been said that websites that illustrate how bombs can be made are hazardous because they allow terrorists to more easily create bombs and more easily educated those sympathetic to terrorists.

Do you think the state should be allowed to try censor these sites for the sake of national security?

IF it can be proven effective then yes, why not.

what does the average Joe need to know how to make these things for anyway?

but I really don`t think it`s going to work, if someone`s determined enough, they`ll find out "How Too" anyway :(

it`s a perfect waste of time in my opinion.

There are hundreds of websites and books that tell you how to make gunpowder, thermite and some plastic explosives.

Most of the people that use them have no malicious intent whatsoever, a lot of the people on the forums here have probably mucked about with some flammable materials at some point.

The way I see it, censoring a bit of fun because it could be used maliciously would be like banning martial art lessons, shooting ranges and baseball bats.

It would be difficult for a government to censor the internet even if it wanted to. It would only be possible by very heavy handed methods which would be hard to justify esp as so much bomb making information is already in the public domain.

Absolutely, yes. All weapons should be in the hands of government. We know we can trust them to keep us safe from all threats, internal and external. We can trust their judgement. We will never have any reason to need to defend ourselves from our governments.

It's been said that websites that illustrate how bombs can be made are hazardous because they allow terrorists to more easily create bombs and more easily educated those sympathetic to terrorists.

Do you think the state should be allowed to try censor these sites for the sake of national security?

. We will never have any reason to need to defend ourselves from our governments.

Absolutely correct.

Now would all Jews, homosexuals, Gipsies and political dissidents please report to the 'resettlement' camps.

Nothing bad will happen because you can always trust your government.

Absolutely, yes. All weapons should be in the hands of government. We know we can trust them to keep us safe from all threats, internal and external. We can trust their judgement. We will never have any reason to need to defend ourselves from our governments.

wow how can we trust our gov if they do cover-ups and hide info from ppl

im 13 and dont even trust the gov, i probly trust britain or germanys gov more than the usa

• 2 weeks later...

No, i've heard about government thoughts of listing everyone who's ever google searched "make plastic explosive" or something like that. Come on, that's ridiculous. If they're worried about TERRORISTS making plastic explosives from bleach, there's something wrong... If they can arm themselves with enough modern weaponry to fight wars, then i think we need not worry about them making their own black powder. We ought to be worried about them getting nukes from N Korea or S Africa. They will always find ways to get far more powerful weapons than anything they could find on the internet.

And sure, why not trust the government? when have they EVER wronged anyone? (please do not include Indians, African Americans, Middle Easterners, wrongly-accused death row inmates, Afghanis, etc...)