Explain to me some schools their major aspect.

ps2huang

UCLA is a great school to go to as well, especially if you are interested in biochemistry. I am currently in my junior year at UCLA (major: biochemistry, minor: mathematics) and I would recommend UCLA to anyone. UCLA has made many major discoveries in biology and biochemistry including helping solve the structure of the ribosome and determining the mechanism of ATP synthase. Both UCLA and Berkeley have strong programs all across the board if you are interested in expanding your knowledge beyond just the biological sciences.

UC Davis is another good school for bio, although it's programs are more limitted in other areas. Originally an agricultural school, UC Davis has great programs which relate to agriculture -- for example, its plant biology program and its veterinary school. Plus, if you're interested in internships in biotech companies, Davis is near some important biotech firms (including Genentech, which is based in San Francisco [about a 1.5-2hr drive from Davis] and has a plant in Vacaville [about 20min away from Davis]). However, having grown up in Davis, I can say that it's not a very exciting place to live.

UC San Diego also has very good science programs and is located near some biotech companies if you're interested in internships. In terms of prestige, UCLA and Berkeley are at the top of the UCs, while UCD and UCSD have a little less prestige.

Of course, you can't go wrong with Stanford or MIT either.

People forget it's the people at the school that makes it worth while, not the name of the school and what they have done. Considering that, think about what schools have obtained funding for more equipment and so forth.

MIT is leet though.

Well if you're interested in biological sciences you're best bet would be attempting a Ph.D.

If thats the case, once you're working for your doctorate the laboratory you graduate from, and your publications weigh in far more heavily than the institution IMO.

i know alotta really talented people that went to stanford to study neuroscience and plant biology so i guess that counts as biology. Stanford's also ranked higher generally but I haven't really checked out the other schools yet. btw. does anyone know which ivy or semi-ivy(duke, stanford etc..) has the best psychology program for psychology major?