Antidote to casin allergy?

tim.tdj

Hi Everyone.

I know that lactose intolerant people can get around their intolerance by putting lactase drops into their milk. Can people who are allergic to casin do something similar to enable them to drink milk?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

Edited by tim.tdj

Hi Endy0816

Thank you very much for your helpful reply.

I have done some more research on this and I have discovered that there are actually two types of casin, A1 and A2. Apparently, A2 is much less allergenic than A1. Is this true? Is anyone allergic to A2?

Also, I have read that a large proportion of people who think they are lactose intolerant may, instead, actually be allergic to casin. Apparently the symptoms are difficult to tell apart. Is this true?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

All milk contains a variety of biologically active factors known to affect the immune system. a2 Milk™ contains all of the proteins that you would find in standard cows’ milk except for the A1 beta-casein protein. Therefore, those people with allergies to the proteins in standard cows’ milk will not be able to drink a2 Milk™.

https://a2milk.com.au/questions-answers/

I don't know of any good research that says one way or another. I suspect a2 milk is more marketing hype than anything else, but at any rate the company itself reccomends against it.

I don't want to  sound like a commercial, but the others do taste the same if not better(vanilla), though soy is the only one that has the right texture IMO. No lactose or casein to worry about

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this. Along the same lines though only treats the inability to digest. Very much in the early stages.

Have to admit I have reservations with immune system updating. I think we'll have to do it eventually though. We're all exposed to more proteins in general these days(foods, pollen) that our systems are not accustomed to or mistakes for a threat. At the same time the relative lack of real threats causes our gatekeepers to relax their guard down in the gut.