New String Test

we have a circle: [math](x-h)^2+(y-k)^2=r^2[/math] where (h,k) is the center and r is the radius. we now spin the circle about an axis that is perpendicular to the plane on which the circle lies and it runs through the center of said circle. gravity contracts length (and my the equivelance principle, so does acceleration), so as the 1-sphere spins about the axis, the distance between any two points on it decreases while the radius stays the same. since [math]\pi=\frac{c}{2r}[/math], where c is circumference and r is radius, [math]\pi[/math] no longer is a constant. the circle shrinks, but the radius stays the same.

this change in geometry may affect how a string vibrates. that would make a predictable change the properties of the particle. so, my test would be to spin particles as fast as possible looking for a change in properties. if the predicted changes occur, then that is evidence in string theory's favor. what do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

I do not understand the following statement:

Gravity contracts length (and my the equivelance principle, so does acceleration), so as the 1-sphere spins about the axis, the distance between any two points on it decreases [...']

I also didn´t get the connection to string theory but this might simply be because my knowledge about it is very limited (nonexistent might fit better).

I've not heard the term 1-sphere before, is that a dimensional reference?

Wouldn't centrifugal force counteract the effect of gravity?

(I know it's a bit ironic of me to ask this question, but *if* gravity is a particle, wouldn't gravitons themselves consist of superstrings?)

Indeed...

Generalization to higher dimensions

Spheres can be generalized to higher dimensions. Spheres for n > 2 are sometimes called hyperspheres. For any natural number n' date=' an n-sphere is the set of points in (n+1)-dimensional Euclidean space which are at distance r from a fixed point of that space, where r is, as before, a positive real number.

a 0-sphere is a pair of points ( − r,r)

a 1-sphere is a circle of radius r

a 2-sphere is an ordinary sphere

a 3-sphere is a sphere in 4-dimensional Euclidean space

The n-sphere of unit radius centred at the origin is denoted Sn and is often referred to as "the" n-sphere.

[/quote']

I may be wrong, but I think that your test has some connections to my idea of the universe is a fractal... because your idea is similar to mine, i dunno, take a look at this http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13567 ... Yeah, I think that if you were to change the speed in such a way as you said then you would cause the way that the matter is organized inside your 1-sphere be different, even though it will still occupy the same space and contain the same atoms. There would be either something extra or something less, which could not happen unless the configuration of the matter inside it was changing, which i guess would be in favor of the String Theory.