Time Travel: John Titor's Distortion Unit

crims

First of all, I wonder if any of you have heard of the story of the supposed time traveller who called himself "John Titor" (Timetravel_0).

http://www.johntitor.com/

Before leaving our timeline, John Titor himself made several appearances on web forums, and made some scary predictions about the future and discussed the workings of the time machine.

I know many of you are experts in different fields of science. What can you tell from the posts of John Titor? Does the time machine, the way he explained it, seem possible? Or does John Titor's whole story seem like an elaborate hoax?

Are his posts internally consistent? Are they in compliance with known laws of reality?

First of all, I'm moving this to Pseudoscience.

Secondly, iirc, Titor predicted there would be a Waco-like incident in the US practically every day after the 2004 election. I believe some of his other predictions have gone down the tube as well.

I think it was all an elaborate hoax, and I think the guy who did it had a pretty fair grasp of what our future within 5 years might look like. He was around in 1999-2000, right?

Science-wise, he played it sly and claimed he just rode the time-machine, he didn't invent it. His search for an outdated IBM computer was compelling, but I believe someone debunked the idea pretty quickly.

Here's a year-old thread on John Titor.

I guess I should come clean. Yes I am TimeTravel_0. I was hoping to put this mystery to rest and stop all this madness you people have gone through to try to prove or disprove my existence. My real name is Samson Rodriguez. It all started as an elaborate hoax that me and my friends thought up. I am only in college and would like to apoligize to all of you who have defended me as a real person. My "time machine" was nothing more then a few junk items we found in a trash dump where we found all our supplies for the hoax. Again I apoligize for all the work you have put into this and thank you again.

Signing off one last time' date='

John Titor[/quote']From:

timetravelinstitute.com

from Phi's link

• 2 weeks later...