Computational Biology & Bioinformatics

CaptainT

Per title of topic, anyone pursuing or has a Ph.D. in the field?

Asking to learn more about experiences, research topics, and to hopefully make connections for potential collaborations in the future.

Pretty much a "tell-me-anything" sort of question.

I know plenty of people in the field (mine is just across the border on the experimental side of things). Frankly, the field has grown to a massive extent so that a directionless question is probably not terribly helpful. As it is still developing (especially on the computational biology side) you will find people from very different areas ending up at that point (e.g. biologist who get interested in modeling their data and kinda get stuck there).

On 8/14/2017 at 3:22 PM, CharonY said:

I know plenty of people in the field (mine is just across the border on the experimental side of things). Frankly, the field has grown to a massive extent so that a directionless question is probably not terribly helpful. As it is still developing (especially on the computational biology side) you will find people from very different areas ending up at that point (e.g. biologist who get interested in modeling their data and kinda get stuck there).

Yeah, I'm hoping if there are people in those fields, they'd be willing to share briefly about their research. I haven't really narrowed down my own research interests beyond the broad umbrella, so I'm trying to get ideas/insight.