Asking for seminar subject

I'm a senior student majoring in physics. I was asked to take a five-week seminar this summer holiday. Can anybody provide some interesting subjects of theoretical physics? Maybe after the holiday you will find a good cooperator to discuss and work with. :)

I'm a senior student majoring in physics. I was asked to take a five-week seminar this summer holiday. Can anybody provide some interesting subjects of theoretical physics? Maybe after the holiday you will find a good cooperator to discuss and work with. :)

I say you make a Coil Gun and do a demo at the seminar. ;)

You could easily make one with parts from cameras and maybe hardwares stores.

Here's one for you.

If anyone has any results on the age of a radioactive particle that has travelled a known distance against the age of a particle of the same substance that has not moved in the same time - well - I would hope this would open a lively debate upon the theories of travelling in space and the effects upon us as human beings.

As it has been shown that clocks from spacecraft are at a later time when they have returned to Earth and the theory is that this is due to the speed thatb the craft has been travelling - then travelling to distant stars should not be out of the question!!

Obviously, if time slows down as we approach the speed of light then we should not age as quickly and therefor the joureny should be possible to accomplish in anyones' lifetime.

Now all we need is the ability to reach the speed and some crazy or ardent volunteers.

If by coil gun you mean using electromagnetism to propel a metal slug i wouldn't. I knew a guy who thought he'd make a coil gun, he only lost half his ring finger and badly burnt his arm up to the elbow.

Don't do the string theory, i've heard enough for a while, personally.

Quantum entanglement is quite good, as not to many people have a good knowledge of it - you can also link it to the advances in the quantum computer.

good luck anyway