Some NOT So Quick And Easy Experiments, Please!

calbiterol

As summer break approaches (I have less than one day or school left, yeehaw!), the long-awaited season of freetime and vacation, I am greeted by a wealth of possibilities for things to do. Now, I know there are a million of those "what experiments can I do" threads, but all of them seem to be a little... bleak. There is also a sticky right above this post with some "quick and easy experiments," but it is rarely looked at, and even more rarely contributed to. In addition, it would be nice to have some more advanced projects/experiments out there for those of us who are left hungry for more than "quick and easy." Don't get me wrong, quick and easy is great, but I think that it would be nice to have some more advanced projects as well. So, at the rist of sounding redundant... Anybody got some projects that are more advanced than "quick and easy?" Don't worry about materials acquisition, just post ideas, and if someone wants to do it, I'm sure that person will find a way to get the materials needed.

I don't know what others would like for experiments, but I would personally enjoy anything involving engineering, particularly aeronautical/aerospace, and electronic projects are greatly enjoyable, as well as physics and chemistry applications. More specifically, railguns, coilguns, Van de Graff generators, tesla coils, homemade batteries, liquid nitrogen, magnetic levitation, planes, hovercraft, gauss rifles, generators, engines, electrolysis, manufacturing of aluminum parts, etc, in addition to anything explosive (in accordance with SFN rules, of course, wouldn't want anyone banned for this) and just... general... stuff. So, post away!

Hmm, good question. I'll put it this way, I can earn quite a bit if I put my mind to it. Probably a thousand US or so if I put my mind to it, and I improvise parts a lot (but it (usually) works just the same) with engineering stuff.

I do wish I had more. To be honest, I'm up for any ideas, regardless of cost, and if I really want to do it, I'll work out the money some way or another.

you could make a remote control catapult tht shoots eggs- like i did (set it up by a road and climb up into a tree u kno he rest). Or you could make a little radio ransmitter that hook up to ur phone, i was gonna do that. you could make a generator if u have a creek nearby (hydrogenerator) i was gonna do that. Or u could make a wind one as well. lead some wires into ur house and it could power a clock or so.