Model Rockets

Raider5678

I got a job testing out model rockets and experimenting them to see how cool I can make them(No pay, but all the supplies I need. Legal ones of course and no extremely expensive ones.) It's for an event in September. It's a relatively small event, but it's the start of a year long group that gets together every week, and they want to be able to have the kids build their own rocket. Out of scratch.

So I'm going to make Grant Tompsons Randomizer rocket(you tube) and then experiment from there to see if I can make it more efficient/larger/cooler. I know, cooler isn't a scientific term. But if I could make it burn with purple fire or something, then I'm sure the kids would love that. Even though you can't really see the fire.

Either way, I would like some people with knowledge in this area to offer some suggestions. Even if it's rather complex, as long as it's plausible, isn't insanely hard, and is affordable, I want to hear it. Or if it's simple tips. Thank you.

I got a job testing out model rockets and experimenting them to see how cool I can make them(No pay, but all the supplies I need. Legal ones of course and no extremely expensive ones.) It's for an event in September. It's a relatively small event, but it's the start of a year long group that gets together every week, and they want to be able to have the kids build their own rocket. Out of scratch.

So I'm going to make Grant Tompsons Randomizer rocket(you tube) and then experiment from there to see if I can make it more efficient/larger/cooler. I know, cooler isn't a scientific term. But if I could make it burn with purple fire or something, then I'm sure the kids would love that. Even though you can't really see the fire.

Either way, I would like some people with knowledge in this area to offer some suggestions. Even if it's rather complex, as long as it's plausible, isn't insanely hard, and is affordable, I want to hear it. Or if it's simple tips. Thank you.

It's been 50 years but I used to build and fly rockets, I helped my sons build kits by estes that you can find in hobby shops. Is this what you are talking about?

I watched the video! Very cool! Much easier than the way we built them when I was a kid!

It's been 50 years but I used to build and fly rockets, I helped my sons build kits by estes that you can find in hobby shops. Is this what you are talking about?

I watched the video! Very cool! Much easier than the way we built them when I was a kid!

No, I was talking more about making them out of scratch.

It's just that kids would think it was funner to make it out of scratch, and be able to say they can make a rocket it, then make it from a preset model.

At least it seems more fun to me.

And yes, he makes a lot of cool videos. There is another video of his about how to make fire burn different colors, that I'd like to try too.