Relation between 14-3-3 proteins and cancer

Hello,

I'm searching for some articles about te relation between 14-3-3 proteins and cancer, and especially the initiation and progression. The problem is I can't really find any clear articles. Is there someone who can tell me the relation or give me some articles where I can find it?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Pubmed, searched "14-3-3 protein cancer" and I limited my search to review articles. I found 88 citations that way.

But how many were pay-per-view?

Involvement of 14-3-3 Proteins in Regulating Tumor Progression of Hepatocellular Carcinoma

Abstract: There are seven mammalian isoforms of the 14-3-3 protein, which regulate multiple cellular functions via interactions with phosphorylated partners. Increased expression of 14-3-3 proteins contributes to tumor progression of various malignancies. Several isoforms of 14-3-3 are overexpressed and associate with higher metastatic risks and poorer survival rates of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). 14-3-3β and 14-3-3ζ regulate HCC cell proliferation, tumor growth and chemosensitivity via modulating mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and p38 signal pathways. Moreover, 14-3-3ε suppresses E-cadherin and induces focal adhesion kinase (FAK) expression, thereby enhancing epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and HCC cell migration. 14-3-3ζ forms complexes with αB-crystallin, which induces EMT and is the cause of sorafenib resistance in HCC. Finally, a recent study has indicated that 14-3-3σ induces heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) expression, which increases HCC cell migration. These results suggest that selective 14-3-3 isoforms contribute to cell proliferation, EMT and cell migration of HCC by regulating distinct targets and signal pathways. Targeting 14-3-3 proteins together with specific downstream effectors therefore has potential to be therapeutic and prognostic factors of HCC. In this article, we will overview 14-3-3’s regulation of its downstream factors and contributions to HCC EMT, cell migration and proliferation.

http://www.mdpi.com/2072-6694/7/2/0822/htm

But how many were pay-per-view?

28 of 88 reviews were "free full text." You can ask Pubmed to give you this option. Here is one example:

14-3-3 proteins as potential therapeutic targets.

Zhao J, Meyerkord CL, Du Y, Khuri FR, Fu H.

Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2011 Sep;22(7):705-12. doi: 10.1016/j.semcdb.2011.09.012. Review.

28 of 88 reviews were "free full text." You can ask Pubmed to give you this option. Here is one example:

14-3-3 proteins as potential therapeutic targets.

Zhao J, Meyerkord CL, Du Y, Khuri FR, Fu H.

Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2011 Sep;22(7):705-12. doi: 10.1016/j.semcdb.2011.09.012. Review.

PMID: 21983031 Free PMC Article

Similar articles

Right. That's handy to know.