Face pain or neuralgia

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but seems as good as any.

I had trigeminal neuralgia, 4 years ago.

it didn't disappear, but got an operation to kill the right lower part nerve of my face killed.

I took that option because I heard that there was no cure but just to control it.

my question is, has there been any advance in neuroscience or nerve knowledge that have found what causes the neuralgia and how to fix it?

because, investigating about the medicines I used to take (carbamazepine, etc)

they know it can be used for neuralgia pain, but it said they didn't know exactly how.

I've witnessed surgery for trigeminal neuralgia in which a paralyzant (no idea which one) was injected in the surroundings of the nerve by a neurosurgeon, for it to be paralyzed, thus not further conducting pain stimuli ...

We've indeed also seen in pharmacology that certain anti-epileptica (such as carbamazepine) can be used to treat neuralgia. No idea why.

Anyway, this isn't an online overpaid consultation website. If you'd like to know things about your condition, you should discuss this with your doctor.