Sore throat delema

-Demosthenes-

My mother wants me to go to the doctor, but I don't think so. I( woke up yesterday with a hurting thoat and a small caough, but it wasn't too bad so I went to school. But then today I had a really sore throat. I have a history of strep thoat, my little sister has been sick, and my auny (who we recently visited for the day) is sick and had to take anti-biotics. But it's been weirdly cold, so the heater is on and the air in the house is drier, so maybe it's just dry. And I have no fever, only a small caugh and a horribly sore thoat.

just don't get antibiotics. the problems with antibiotics causing viruses and bacteria to mutate into resistant strains is already bad enough as it is. doctors need to stop handing out medicines like candy.

what`s the Dilema?

Perhaps the dilemma is that Demosthenes is in pain but doesn't want to go to the doctor? :confused:

Demos:

You know, I suffered similar symptoms a couple of months ago. Throat pain, hoarse voice, no fever, no phlegm, and lasted about about 1.5 weeks. I have an overactive immune system, so I just figured my tonsils were fighting something off nasty. Are your glands swollen?

Perhaps the dilemma is that Demosthenes is in pain but doesn't want to go to the doctor?
You read me well :D

I remember when I used to get streap thoat all the time, each time I would have to get a shot.

Yes my limphnoids? (I think, the ones in my neck) are swollen, exept I have phlegm and a slight caugh.

in that case you must weigh up the bennefit of medical advice (that you don`t have to take) against your current condition!

no-one but YOU can make that choice for ya, yer old enough and ugly enough to decide for yourself! :P

why do ya need us?

personaly, I`de get some cough medicine down me and a few Zinc tablets, plenty of sleep and good food (IF it were ME).

beyond that, you don`t NEED us to tell you what to do!

almost a wasted thread in all honesty.

Did I not get the impression in another thread that -Demosthenes- has made the decision recently to take up smoking cigarettes? :mad: Could this be part of the problem as well?

Nope, just sick and don't want to go the doctor. :D

in that case you must weigh up the bennefit of medical advice (that you don`t have to take) against your current condition!

no-one but YOU can make that choice for ya, yer old enough and ugly enough to decide for yourself! :P

why do ya need us?

I was actually looking for medical advice, I didn't want anyone to decide for me :P

You could have mono - that is one of the symptoms. You have that sore throat and feel crummy for a couple of weeks then it hits you like a ton of bricks. You been kissing anyone or sharing drinking/eating utensils?