will we live again?

SpecialGuest

No. It says nothing about the size. The big bang mode works equally well for an infinite and a finite universe.

you are right. However I just watched this video>

and he claims that if our universe is infinite then there are infinite copies of identical me. Does that also mean that if its true that infinite universe exist, will I after I die be reborn again and live the exact same life as now?

It depends on how you define "I".

And whether you believe random speculation like that. (It is also possible that the universe is infinite and the same sequence never recurs.)

And, ultimately, does it matter? It is one of those pointless ideas like solipsism or "the universe was created 15 minutes ago but made to look 14 billion years old" or "we all live in a simulation".

Edited by Strange

Strange, you see consciousness and unconsciousness is binary. Let's say I pass away like at 80, will my consciousness be rebuilt afterward, will someone has the technology to rebuild consciousness? If not, after the universe ends and another big bang where the universe gets created again, time resets, everything reset, eventually my consciousness will get created again at the same time in the same year, no matter how long it may take, lets say 10 billion years on the off state. But do I have consciousness when I am in the off state? No, I wake up as a new born the next second right after I passed away, to me this 10 billion years has no memory. So rather we are stuck on the off state, we are stuck repeating life again and again and again. How many times do you think we are repeating our life?

Edited by fredreload

Strange, you see consciousness and unconsciousness is binary. Let's say I pass away like at 80, will my consciousness be rebuilt afterward, will someone has the technology to rebuild consciousness? If not, after the universe ends and another big bang where the universe gets created again, time resets, everything reset, eventually my consciousness will get created again at the same time in the same year, no matter how long it may take, lets say 10 billion years on the off state. But do I have consciousness when I am in the off state? No, I wake up as a new born the next second right after I passed away, to me this 10 billion years has no memory. So rather we are stuck on the off state, we are stuck repeating life again and again and again. How many times do you think we are repeating our life?

What is your point exactly? Do you agree with the idea of being eternal or?

But you will never know so it is pointless worrying about it.

I'm taking in time as a factor, but it is also possible that you could exist in a different time, different body. Since consciousness does not exist at one time, so I can exist at different times :D, not sure if my body will stay the same

Edited by fredreload

I'm taking in time as a factor, but it is also possible that you could exist in a different time, different body. Since consciousness does not exist at one time, so I can exist at different times :D, not sure if my body will stay the same

But you will never know so it is pointless worrying or even speculating about it.

We might never know, but it's super unfortunate for us whose life is bad in this life. Just imagine the people who suffer and they are bound to repeat it for eternity.

You can watch The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, in my opinion they are somewhat similar

Edited by fredreload

similar to what? I just watched the trailer, its a comedy?

Right it's a comedy. You don't really need to worry about next life. If you want to live longer then try to pursue immortality. There is no such thing as eternity

P.S. Even if someone seals me for eternity, I will be out at eternity+1

Edited by fredreload

Right it's a comedy. You don't really need to worry about next life. If you want to live longer then try to pursue immortality. There is no such thing as eternity

P.S. Even if someone seals me for eternity, I will be out at eternity+1

sounds like you dont have anything against eternity :) Your life must be good :)

We might never know, but it's super unfortunate for us whose life is bad in this life. Just imagine the people who suffer and they are bound to repeat it for eternity.

Oh dear. Is that what this is all about? Teenage angst?

Sorry to disappoint you but if you buy into this religion - sorry I mean, if you fall for this guff - er no, if you accept the "logic" of this argument then I'm afraid you will have to accept that there are an infinite number of universes where your life is better. Including an infinite number where your life is perfect. Sorry about that.

sounds like you dont have anything against eternity :) Your life must be good :)

I take it back, there is an eternity, else I've just doomed us all @@

P.S. Going to sleep, good night all

P.S. But it's not possible to seal someone for eternity

Edited by fredreload

Oh dear. Is that what this is all about? Teenage angst?

Sorry to disappoint you but if you buy into this religion - sorry I mean, if you fall for this guff - er no, if you accept the "logic" of this argument then I'm afraid you will have to accept that there are an infinite number of universes where your life is better. Including an infinite number where your life is perfect. Sorry about that.

just stating the unfortunate fact that I could be doomed for eternal hell.

I agree that we will never be able to test or confirm these ideas. I believe that we live then die. Our star eventually expands and consumes the earth. Eventually the atoms we are made from become part of something else.A moon or another planet perhaps. Over time other intelligent life make observations about stars in our part of the universe and The planets that orbit them. They are searching for signs that life may exist elsewhere in the univerae, not knowing we did billions of years in their past.

But it's all a brain teasing waste of time to consider things of this scale.

But there are infinite copies of you doomed to eternal paradise.

but they are not ''me'' . Its like if you had a twin in this life and he was identical to you, but he had an accident where he lost his legs. I'm talking about me here. Yes there are infinite number of identical ''me''s and some of them will be happy forever, but in this world Im unhappy and living in hell, so if its gonna repeat, Im stuck in infinite hell loop..

are you saying I dont exist?

No. I am saying that, like other religious people, you are worrying about something that doesn't exist. You might be better off worrying about things in the real world that you might be bale to do something about.