Not sure how to go about doing this...

Elite Engineer

So the last 3 years I've had this really intricate design of a "waste-to-energy" generator set up that hasn't been done before. It's still a theoretical idea, so it's not a "proven" and "efficient" machine. I'm lost on where to go with my next step:

1.) Should I try and build a small model, and see if it works? If it does work, then what?

2.) Should I pitch it to "someone" in the energy business? A guy with alot of capital? An old professor friend?

3.) Should I write a whole thesis on it? Then present it? Would I be taken seriously?

I'm very lost on the whole process, especially on a project as big as a WTE generator. If you really believe its far too big a project for one person to do, please let me know. My friend spent $7k-$9k on a landscaping invention that went no where. Now he sells insurance.

~EE

Mythbusters always started from small scale model,

then if results were fruitful, they went for full scale.

The first ever made Van de Graaff generator was made of tin can, to check if idea works.

After confirmation they asked for grant.

Edited by Sensei