I'm able to witness a glimpse of random future events in my dreams...?

This has been going on for some time now.

I've also noticed that I've lost my memorization capability to an extent around the same time this has been going on.

The crazy part is, these events are actually happening after the dreams occur.

Meaning, somehow I am capable of witnessing a blurry glimpse of the future in my dreams.

I don't have very "fluent" dreams, meaning they're generally blurry or short scenarios. When I wake up, I don't take note of these glimpses and I end up "forgetting" them very quickly.

Since I'm seeing no documentation whatsoever on such a topic, I'm deciding to name this the Future-Dejavu Syndrome (my naming isn't too .. unique. sorry)

The way the events play out are below, in order.

- I encounter scenarios during my dreams when I'm sleeping which haven't happened in reality yet.

- I wake up and always forget the scenarios in my dreams (yet they are stored in the back of my head still, this might explain my sudden memory loss as of lately?)

- When the same exact scenario happens in reality, my mind clicks and I bring back the memory which I had during my sleep which wasn't even existent in reality until the very moment it happens.

Weird, if I say so myself.

Any ideas at all of what is happening?

Is there some neurologist / science research center I can contact to discuss about this?

It seems like a huge topic, I would be willing to examine further using machinery.

(of course, theres no way in hell im donating my body for science!!)

Thanks!

-Kon

Edit:

One last thing!

If you guys are interested in sharing your theories, go right ahead! I love hearing about scientific knowledge.

Edited by konichiwah89

So you have a vague memory of something you might have dreamt that might bear a vague resemblance to something that happens in real life.

This is not seeing the future. There are a number of well known cognitive biases at play here. For example, you are not counting the number of dreams you have that don't ever "come true". You are not accurately comparing what you dreamt to what happens. You are making you vague memories fit with experience.

You can easily show this to be the case by writing down your dreams and then checking which ones later accurately match reality.

So you have a vague memory of something you might have dreamt that might bear a vague resemblance to something that happens in real life.

This is not seeing the future. There are a number of well known cognitive biases at play here. For example, you are not counting the number of dreams you have that don't ever "come true". You are not accurately comparing what you dreamt to what happens. You are making you vague memories fit with experience.

You can easily show this to be the case by writing down your dreams and then checking which ones later accurately match reality.

Some of the ones I've noticed easily weren't as accurate or exact, but this one played out exactly like I recall in the memory I saved from a dream (as mentioned prior).

I can definitely believe the statement you've made, and I'll base my next opinions/questions on it.

Do you think that my mind altered the similar memory I had to be identical to the event that was playing out while it was happening? Was it "overwritten"? Is my mind intentionally causing this feeling of dejavu by overwriting past memories? Are there any disorders/syndromes that link to such a thing?

I feel as if I am partially losing control of my own mind/memories when this form of dejavu occurs, and how easily it's being.. well, "overwritten". Once again, I'm curious if anyones ever had similar experiences or have been diagnosed with a particular syndrome/disorder that relates to it.

I am bipolar, if that adds on to anything whatsoever.

Thanks for assuring me that I'm not some crazy time-teller bahah!

-kon

Edited by konichiwah89

Do you think that my mind altered the similar memory I had to be identical to the event that was playing out while it was happening? Was it "overwritten"? Is my mind intentionally causing this feeling of dejavu by overwriting past memories?

Almost certainly. It is well documented that memories are modified by later events.

Are there any disorders/syndromes that link to such a thing?

No. It is absolutely normal - both the modification of memories to fit experience and the "fooling yourself" through various cognitive biases. The latter is one of the main reasons for the scientific method working as it does.

This has been going on for some time now.

I've also noticed that I've lost my memorization capability to an extent around the same time this has been going on.

The crazy part is, these events are actually happening after the dreams occur.

Meaning, somehow I am capable of witnessing a blurry glimpse of the future in my dreams.

I don't have very "fluent" dreams, meaning they're generally blurry or short scenarios. When I wake up, I don't take note of these glimpses and I end up "forgetting" them very quickly.

Since I'm seeing no documentation whatsoever on such a topic, I'm deciding to name this the Future-Dejavu Syndrome (my naming isn't too .. unique. sorry)

The way the events play out are below, in order.

- I encounter scenarios during my dreams when I'm sleeping which haven't happened in reality yet.

- I wake up and always forget the scenarios in my dreams (yet they are stored in the back of my head still, this might explain my sudden memory loss as of lately?)

- When the same exact scenario happens in reality, my mind clicks and I bring back the memory which I had during my sleep which wasn't even existent in reality until the very moment it happens.

Weird, if I say so myself.

Any ideas at all of what is happening?

Is there some neurologist / science research center I can contact to discuss about this?

It seems like a huge topic, I would be willing to examine further using machinery.

(of course, theres no way in hell im donating my body for science!!)

Thanks!

-Kon

Edit:

One last thing!

If you guys are interested in sharing your theories, go right ahead! I love hearing about scientific knowledge.

I agree with Strange and would add that dreams are not the source of Deja vu. The reason for this false association is likely the dream-like perceptual experiences that often accompany Deja vu occurrences.