Relation of time and speed of light

Raider5678

Can we use the concept of 'energy density' to help explain time dilation. So as to avoid like a waffling amateur, I throw out this quote as an anchor:

Or this quote:

Can you calculate the entire time dilation by factoring in energy alone? Answer: Yes. I do not like the whole way this is framed but I think you are not even wrong. But how fast you are relatively is all that really matters. It is all you need to know and consideration of anything else is superfluous. Yet the relative effective energy density indeed corresponds to the clocking difference realized. I can get this more directly with fewer assumptions by adding a column for change in energy density and calculate the clocking rate difference for a unit size rest mass energy frequency h*m*c^2 of that density and the de Broglie relative frequency. This must be the same change as the time dilation since it corresponds directly to the mutual clocking of events between the systems. We cant say how fast does not matter but we can say that how fast matters because that effects the mutual clocking rate of the relative mass-energy densities. https://www.quora.com/Can-you-calculate-the-entire-time-dilation-by-factoring-in-energy-alone

No need to address this particular quote specifically....just wanted to know if I am going down a blind alley in thinking that there is some connection between time dilation and energy density.

Edited by disarray

Can we use the concept of 'energy density' to help explain time dilation.

No, we can't. The answer you quoted cheats by normalizing it to a unit mass, which means you aren't actually talking energy anymore.