Matching different voltages??

BiotechFusion

Some general remarks.

BiotechFusion, if you want to learn some electromagnetics and electric machinery, go on. If instead you want something that works properly within a limited time, buy it. Generators are cheap, often you find some used ones for free, you'll save months of disappointment, because EM isn't trivial and takes its time to grasp. Presently you're many months away from building a usable generator.

You could acquire "Electric machinery fundamentals" by Stephen Chapman. Not more complicated than it needs, nice pictures, but it's the level of engineering students. Or accept a less numerical but much more "hands on" understanding - which has as much value to my eyes, and in my opinion should be acquired before the numerical approach - and buy yourself an experiment kit for electromagnetism.

The universal and justified choice is to build (AC) alternators and, if DC is desired, put diodes. Diodes are very cheap and reliable - much more so than the additional parts in a (DC) dynamo. Nobody would have a single diode: buy a bridge, it makes use of all alternances. 4-diode bridges for single-phase AC to (rippled) DC, 6-diode bridge for three-phase AC to (rippled) DC. Same size and price as a single diode.

Either people have the knowledge to determine if it's right or wrong or they don't, there's nothing good that can come from dancing around that fact. I talked to another 4 real electrical engineers and they all said they didn't know what the answer was, so I doubt you do which also explains why your post doesn't resolve anything. Your post really doesn't help anyone in the slightest, people already know they can buy electrical parts if they want to. I said my goal was the make something from scratch, it doesn't matter if your own personal goal is to buy something, it's not what is relevant to this topic.

In fact, no thanks to anyone here, I've determined after talking with engineers that it won't work because even though the field lines are near-perpendicular at some point, they will have to cross back down into the wire in the opposite direction, thus nullifying the force applied to the charges, so nothing moves.

Edited by BiotechFusion

Either people have the knowledge to determine if it's right or wrong or they don't, there's nothing good that can come from dancing around that fact. I talked to another 4 real electrical engineers and they all said they didn't know what the answer was, so I doubt you do which also explains why your post doesn't resolve anything. Your post really doesn't help anyone in the slightest, people already know they can buy electrical parts if they want to. I said my goal was the make something from scratch, it doesn't matter if your own personal goal is to buy something, it's not what is relevant to this topic.

In fact, no thanks to anyone here, I've determined after talking with engineers that it won't work because even though the field lines are near-perpendicular at some point, they will have to cross back down into the wire in the opposite direction, thus nullifying the force applied to the charges, so nothing moves.

I see. Good luck then.