The creation of AIR TREKS

apazon

Hey i'm 16 and i've recenty finished this manga called Air Gear and in it were the coolest things ever. They are called air treks and they are a sort of presure controlled powered skates with two large wheels on each feet. So lean forward speed up, lean back slow down. Most of the wirings are in these large wheels. I've read through loads of forums which have all shown lots of progress but eventualy they died down and I hope this one doesn't. I'm about to sart A-level Electronics so i'm hoping to have more ideas to make it real so for now, if there are people who have read this same manga or have seen the anime or just want to see this amazing idea come to life pls join this disscusion and change the leisure world to an epic one. I have pasted the original blubrints from the manga and a look of the whole skates

!

Moderator Note

I'm going to allow this as a separate thread on the same subject, but only project-related posts can stay here. Please read this thread on Air Treks for ideas, and please keep the discussion here focused on the technology as a project.

Please take some time to figure out how multiple people in different parts of the world can accomplish any goals you might set out. The reason nothing has ever come of these discussions is that everyone has ideas, most have some knowledge of how individual parts might work, but nobody wants to do any actual work.

Keep in mind you're attempting to build something from fiction. It may be possible with current technology, or it may not. Cell phones started out as fiction, too, and it took 30 years before Leonard Nimoy had a communicator like the ones on Star Trek.

Good luck. Any project managers out there?

• 1 month later...

I've watched air gear when i was like.. i don't really know, but 8 years old? I'm now currently 13 y/o, and i think that at when i was 8 i thought that making air gear was IMPOSSIBLE. Well, Impossible is "I'm possible" right? Lol, anyways i asked my brother and my friends and also asked an/o but even on the interwebz, i didn't get any reply which said "they are possible" I've only got replies saying "It's not possible" "***** ***" "stupid *****" "go die" "what is air gear" "what is air treck" and honestly.. I had so much anger i could literally bring down an door. Now, i think that it's possible. The thing is, you need to first of all need to find the current wheel size, the air cushion, a engine/motor which has enough power to carry and well, accelerate. Keep in mind, you need to make everything fit in an shoe, which has some wheels. That's literally close to becoming imnotpossible. Still, i wish that you can make it. Good luck.

Edited by imatfaal
for language

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have many posts related to the production of the AT's and have been successful in mapping everything to an IRL shoe size 9.5 mens US. I am currently in the strength of materials class in college and have an electrical engineer collaborator figuring out the power output and internals of the AT's and i am focusing on gathering the materials for the prototypes including the plastics used for the structure, bearings, and several other materials used for the wheels and electronics. We have not been able to resolve the Battery issue which i find we might have to outsource for batteries that can supply an incredible amount of electricity and being able to fit the batteries on the shoe somehow, as well as making it all water resistant.

• 1 month later...

I have many posts related to the production of the AT's and have been successful in mapping everything to an IRL shoe size 9.5 mens US. I am currently in the strength of materials class in college and have an electrical engineer collaborator figuring out the power output and internals of the AT's and i am focusing on gathering the materials for the prototypes including the plastics used for the structure, bearings, and several other materials used for the wheels and electronics. We have not been able to resolve the Battery issue which i find we might have to outsource for batteries that can supply an incredible amount of electricity and being able to fit the batteries on the shoe somehow, as well as making it all water resistant.

what about using a backpack to hold the batteries

or make it pneumatic / electric controlled

Edited by Ben88012