Cardiovascular and Urinary System

MaryDot

Hello, I have a question in regards to these two systems.

I have to state some differences between the blood composition of the pulmonary vein and the pulmonary artery. This is what I have so far.

Pulmonary Artery - 1) Carries de-oxygenated blood 2) Has a higher CO2 content. Would this be correct in assuming? And I know arteries generally carry oxygenated blood and hence are nutrient rich, since the pulmonary artery has deoxy blood, would it be nutrient poor?

My next question is in regards to the urinary system.

The differences in the content of the efferent arteriole versus the bowman's capsule

I already know that the bowman's capsule contains the glomerular filtrate which comprises of ions, urea, H20, glucose, Amino acids. Where as the efferent I am assuming would contain the blood cells (WBC, RBC, larger proteins) which aren't filtered. Is this all that is contained in the efferent arteriole or am I missing another key difference between the two?

Hello, I have a question in regards to these two systems.

I have to state some differences between the blood composition of the pulmonary vein and the pulmonary artery. This is what I have so far.

Pulmonary Artery - 1) Carries de-oxygenated blood 2) Has a higher CO2 content. Would this be correct in assuming? And I know arteries generally carry oxygenated blood and hence are nutrient rich, since the pulmonary artery has deoxy blood, would it be nutrient poor?

My next question is in regards to the urinary system.

The differences in the content of the efferent arteriole versus the bowman's capsule

I already know that the bowman's capsule contains the glomerular filtrate which comprises of ions, urea, H20, glucose, Amino acids. Where as the efferent I am assuming would contain the blood cells (WBC, RBC, larger proteins) which aren't filtered. Is this all that is contained in the efferent arteriole or am I missing another key difference between the two?

1. Where would the nutrients go?

2. It sounds like filtration would concentrate the remaining material.

arteries generally carry oxygenated blood

Arteries carry blood from the heart. Veins carry blood to the heart. Generally veins have valves the pulmonary vein has no valves.

Where as the efferent I am assuming would contain the blood cells (WBC, RBC, larger proteins) which aren't filtered.

trace amounts of proteins can be filtered occasionally. However proteins passing though the filtration system can sometimes indicate an infection or a problem with the kidneys.

Edited by fiveworlds

Arteries carry blood from the heart. Veins carry blood to the heart. Generally veins have valves the pulmonary vein has no valves.

trace amounts of proteins can be filtered occasionally. However proteins passing though the filtration system can sometimes indicate an infection or a problem with the kidneys.

Hi, thank you but I was speaking about Pulmonary Artery which does the opposite to normal arteries. I know trace amounts can pass through like albumin, but I just meant you wouldn't normally find large proteins in the urine. Thank you for your reply

Pulmonary Artery which does the opposite to normal arteries.

Arteries carry blood away from the heart. The pulmonary artery carries blood away from the heart to the lungs. The pulmonary artery does the same as every other artery. An artery being an artery has nothing to do with weather or not the blood is oxygenated. And all arteries can and will carry de-oxygenated blood during exercise cellular respiration can decrease oxygen content in atrial blood significantly far below what would be called "de- oxygenated blood" at rest.

Edited by fiveworlds