Electrolyte question

Do healthy organs , have any sediment of electrolytes on the outer membrane when the person is still alive?

and reworded - Question - can organs have a potassium build up on the surface, or calcium build up or any of the electrolyte substances build up on that organ?

Edited by Relative

the ions in the body and around cells remain solution. I.e. you have an ion cloud (in solution) of sorts not a precipitate or a buildup of sorts.

I am not sure if I understand that, on another forum I was told if you took out a human organ, on the outer it would contain ion traces, a sediment as such of electrolytes, been potassium etc.

Are you saying yes , but it stays in liquid form having a different viscosity to the medium it travels in?

Ions are highly polar and tissue is immersed in essentially water. Moreover the concentration is low enough for the ions to stay in solution. Every cell in our body is therefore suspended in a salt/ion containing solution. If there is precipitation, they could the start of something troublesome (such as kidney stones). Of course there are certain areas in our anatomy in which we want formation of solids (such as e.g. bones), but that is not the case for our organs.

What you may have read is that cells have on their surface an ion cloud that is slightly different from the rest of the solution. This is due to two main reasons. First, cell surfaces are decorated with sugars and proteins which are charged. The ions in solution form a cloud of counter ions around them. The second is that cells actively pump ions (net protons) out of the cell further altering the the ion concentration immediately surrounding them.

But it is incorrect to assume that the concentration would be high enough to create large amounts of precipitate, which would be quite troublesome.

Ions are highly polar and tissue is immersed in essentially water. Moreover the concentration is low enough for the ions to stay in solution. Every cell in our body is therefore suspended in a salt/ion containing solution. If there is precipitation, they could the start of something troublesome (such as kidney stones). Of course there are certain areas in our anatomy in which we want formation of solids (such as e.g. bones), but that is not the case for our organs.

What you may have read is that cells have on their surface an ion cloud that is slightly different from the rest of the solution. This is due to two main reasons. First, cell surfaces are decorated with sugars and proteins which are charged. The ions in solution form a cloud of counter ions around them. The second is that cells actively pump ions (net protons) out of the cell further altering the the ion concentration immediately surrounding them.

But it is incorrect to assume that the concentration would be high enough to create large amounts of precipitate, which would be quite troublesome.

Thank you for the information,

When you say cells are decorated, do you mean that electrolytes become solidified in the crevices of the membrane?

Does this cause crevice friction and damage the membrane by thermodynamics, allowing RNA from the RNA cavity to come into contact with DNA?

A sort of diluting of DNA causing repairing cells to split?

The Hogenhaim Effect within the lympic cavities been the start of the process?

No, what you have to imagine is that the ions are solubilized. So if you look at the membrane there would be no deposition whatsoever. But if you measure the ions you will find that there is a gradient of ions, like a amorphous cloud.

What I mean with decorated is that on cells there are sugars and proteins attached to the membrane and these affect the type of ions that surround them. Again, almost all biochemistry happens in solution. If it solidifies it becomes much more inert and it only happens for structural things.

There are highly specific exceptions but I would not try to start thinking about that before one has a good grip on what is usually happening. I.e. no solidification. Because if you do, you start to develop theories that are pretty much meaningless.

No, what you have to imagine is that the ions are solubilized. So if you look at the membrane there would be no deposition whatsoever. But if you measure the ions you will find that there is a gradient of ions, like a amorphous cloud.

What I mean with decorated is that on cells there are sugars and proteins attached to the membrane and these affect the type of ions that surround them. Again, almost all biochemistry happens in solution. If it solidifies it becomes much more inert and it only happens for structural things.

There are highly specific exceptions but I would not try to start thinking about that before one has a good grip on what is usually happening. I.e. no solidification. Because if you do, you start to develop theories that are pretty much meaningless.

Ok I can picture the solubillized Ions, like a amorphous cloud. You say that on the cells, there is a decoration on the cells, sugars and proteins, are sugar and proteins not electrolytes?

If they are electrolytes, is this not solidified or sediment?

Edited by Relative

Electrolytes are formed when dissolved in water. Cells on the other hand have a lot of stuff attached to them (produced by the cells) that serve a number of functions such as proteins that can act as sensors or transporters etc.

While they do affect the overall surface charge of the cell it they are not electrolytes. The latter is almost exclusively reserved to characterize small ions.